The Stamps I Use

Sunday, August 29, 2010

MTSC88 - with a hut!

Hi folks,

wow, can you believe this? I barely post for two weeks and now I'm busy, busy, busy turning out cards! Three posts today alone!

So, I started colouring this image with the intention of making a "happy nine years in our house" card for my sweetie. But.....foolish me I made the mistake of telling my dearly beloved that I had tried out my Copic Airbrush for the first time (I've had it for months now but...this is the first time using it). He was excited and wanted to see so....I had to show him. Now I have to come up with ANOTHER "house" card before September 1st! This card won't go to waste though - LOTS of people I know have bought or are buying new houses so this card will be gifted VERY shortly.




As you can see, I need lots more practice with the airbrush! But I did get kind of the effect I wanted - I just wish I had used the B000 instead of B00. But, lesson learned. And I need to check out some online tutorial videos about using the airbrush.

Anyways, some details about the card:

Stamped image: The Stamp Barn - Enchanted Hollow Collection "Hideaway House" (I adore this collection!)
Papers: CTMH Splendor (yeah I know, what can I say - the paper is new to me and I like it - there will be more to come!)

Copics: E11, E21, E31, E33, E35, E37, YR63, YG67, G21, YR04, YR00, B00

Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Kassie's Brocade (5x7 - this card measures 5 x 6.5)

Challenges for this card:
Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge - MTSC88
Raise the bar #33 - The hut! (any type of home, dwelling, house, any type of living area)

Oh...and here is the inside of the card!


That swirly is a Magnolia Doohickey die cut (ETA - from All That Scraps).

That's it for me for tonight - you may see me back later this week with another card featuring this same image as I DID colour up two of these. We shall see!

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

Tanya R said...

Now this is just fabulous. I love this stamp, it is super cute.

Hugs
Tanya

Danielle said...

Great card Sheena - you did an awesome job with the airbrush! And I have to ask if you bought the Doohickey die at Heather's??
Hugs, Danielle

RiNNE said...

What a great job with the airbrushing system! I'm so curious about it!

cabio's craft corner said...

This is so nice Sheena. The texture looks fabulous here :o) the airbrush technique is wonderful 'B00' seems nice to me :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Caroline said...

gorgeous!! TFS :)

Caroline in Toronto
www.craftincaro.ca

HappyExpressions said...

Super cute!