The Stamps I Use

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Side by Side

Hi folks,

Hope you are all having a lovely day - it is a real scorcher here today in Ottawa. So, I am hiding out in the house, with the air conditioning keeping me cool, catching up on some crafting must-dos.

I finally got around to putting my new stamps from Stamping Bella onto EZ mount and put away into their binder, all appropriately labeled with my label-maker of course. And then I decided to make a card just for fun.

I don't know about you, but when I colour an image for a card, I often colour up multiples, sometimes identical, sometimes with little differences. Earlier this month I made a birthday card for a friend of mine using the "Side by Side" stamp from the Rachelle Anne Miller collection from PaperWorksCo. Well, the first image that I coloured did not make it on to her card - I had stamped it on white paper and it didn't really look right with the Cosmo Cricket papers that I was using. So, I set the first image aside to use sometime later. Now, I typically forget about these extra images and they languish in a basket on my desk. But not this time!

When I saw this week's sketch at Card Patterns, I knew I wanted to make a quick card with this particular image. A quick look through some of my DP and I decided that my CTMH Emporium papers would work nicely...



I took some clear, blossom shaped buttons and glued them to the back side of the paper so they would match nicely with the ribbon I chose for an accent (CTMH vineyard berry, 1/8 grosgrain I believe).

Sorry I don't have a list of the Copic markers that I used on this card - I would have discarded the paper they were written on when I posted the first card. But if you check the first post, SOME of the colours will be there....except the blues.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'm thinking I might do a little colouring tonight - dearly beloved has gone to a friend's house to play guitar for a bit so I have a few hours to myself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute I like how you colored your card
Darla

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

Oh Sheena this is just so adorable! I do love how you colored the image & the colors are just perfect for your background paper. Glad you could join us again at Card Patterns!

Tanya R said...

This is such a fabulous friendship image. I wonder what their conversation is all about. Love the flower background paper, it goes with the park theme most perfectly.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

So very cute! I must get that stamp!

antheam said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining in at Card Patterns this week.

sunghee said...

ooo~ i love how you tied the ribbon right on the bottom edge. I really love that look and will try that.