The Stamps I Use

Sunday, August 29, 2010

SSS71 - with Izzie

Hi folks,

Well I sat down yesterday and updated my little white board with all the cards that I need to make for September and October and boy - there are lots of upcoming birthdays! Here is one card I made to have on hand for one of those birthdays...




Stamped image: Izzie has a birthday cake from Stamping Bella. Coloured with Copic Markers (E35, E37, E33, B91, B95, E21, E00, E000, R85, Y17, YG67, YR02, YR00, YR04, E13). I have to admit, her curly hair was a bit of a challenge for me but I followed along with a curly hair tutorial on Color Me Copic (Curly hair is also the challenge this week) and I think it came out okay. The secret is NO BLENDING! Just doodle!

The papers are CTMH Splendor (my first time cutting in to them as I  just got them this month) and the layout is from this week's Sweet Stop Sketch 71. Expect to see lots more cards with this paper as I think it is just gorgeous!

And, since this week's challenge over at Oh! Alice is to make a card with a little girl theme, I'll be submitting this card featuring little Izzie!

Other details:

I used Spellbinders Petite Ovals (Sm and Lg) for the image panels and there are dew drops on the sentiment panel and in the flower centre. The swirly embellishment on the bottom panel is a Cuttlebug die cut.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend! My next post will be up shortly and will look awfully familiar!

10 comments:

Cindy Coutts said...

This is adorable and great colors too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge by Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps. We sure do hope to see you back next week!

Amy said...

She looks adorable, you did a great job on the curly hair! Love the colors you've used on the card too, such a happy card! Thanks for playing along with us at the CMC challenge!

dstandard said...

Such a cute card! Adorable image! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

♥Rach♥ said...

Very cute, thanks for joining us at CMC!

Tanya R said...

This one rocks to. Love the image.
Hugs
Tanya

Lynne Phelps said...

What a sweet image and you've colored it beautifully! Thanks so much for playing along with Oh, Alice!

RiNNE said...

Lovely job, Sheena! She is too cute! What a darling card!

Pam S. said...

lovely card, coloring and great take on the sweet stop sketch!!! So glad you joined us!
Pam Going Postal

margie c said...

So cute! I adore your card :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Oh, Alice!
hugs, margie

Kathy said...

This is just adorable! Love the colors and papers!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop ~ your interpretation of the sketch is just adorable!
:)kathy