The Stamps I Use

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Always there for you - Club Anya Mystery Monday CASE

Hi folks,

Today I have a card for you that I made for Ava as today is the day that I officially become her god-mother!




Now I know this isn't a "typical" christening or baptism card, but it does sum up how I feel about being asked by Jenn and Brooks to be god-mother to their daughter. As she grows up, I hope to always be there for her - whatever she needs, she can count on her "auntie". Tee hee....I can see me teaching her how to make bread and bake pies now...with her own little apron and her own little loaf pan and pie pan. Encouraging her to get her first motorcycle and tattoo.....to help me weed the veggie garden!

The stamped image and sentiment are from the Oliver and Amelia "Buddies" set from The Greeting Farm (ETA - I corrected this as I had incorrectly identified the image as from the Happy Day set). I coloured the image with Copics (E000, E00, RV34, RV32, R83, RV02, E31, E33, E35, E37, W1, W3, W5, YG17).

The papers are from the Nana's Nursery Baby Girl Paper Stack.

The layout is CASE'd from this week's Club Anya Mystery Monday challenge.

I got a little crafty with my Peony Spellbinder and made the flower embellishment. I just die-cut the peony and then cut it into a spiral. I inked the edges and then rolled it up curled the edges. Perfect for this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches to use handmade flowers on your card.

I ruffled the satin ribbon that I chose to embellish the card. Easy enough to do - I put down a strip of super sticky transfer tape (I get from Lee Valley) and then I put a strip along the back of the ribbon. Then I just randomly ruffle!

8 comments:

chrissywitch said...

Congratulations on becoming a "God-mother"! What an honour! Very pretty card.

Tanya R said...

Ava is so lucky to have you as a GodMother. Such a precious card for a darling girl. Hope the day was fun.
Hugs
Tanya

Linda said...

So pretty!

RiNNE said...

Sweet card! What a great honor and Ava's very lucky to have you!

Angela said...

Awww, this is precious! I love how you have inked the BG panel and the flower petals.... Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Super sweet card! Love the flower! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Crazystamper said...

Love it Sheena..Congrat's to you! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

sunghee said...

This is the sweetest card ever! Love the color and the image is so cute! Love the paper flower!