The Stamps I Use

Sunday, September 26, 2010

An Anniversary Sketch For You To Try

Hi folks,

When I was making Ava's card on Friday I realized that I need a lot of cards for October - lots of birthdays and a few anniversaries. I am really going to have to try to do some paper-crafting on weeknights in order to get the cards made on time.

This card is for my parents, who have their wedding anniversary on October 4th.



I used  the same papers that I had sitting out on my desk for Ava's card. See...just because the papers are branded for a specific occasion, it doesn't mean they have to be used for that purpose. These are from the DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl Paper Stack.

I used Verve's Love Story set for the swirly heart and sentiment.  The flower was constructed using CTMH Just Blooms White Daisy Variety Pack and a CTMH Twinkle Brad (Jolly). The card base is CTMH Tulip.

The layout is from this week's Sketch For You To Try. Jen Del Muro always has such nice sketches, don't you think?

Anyways, I must head out now to check out the place where our kittehs will be vacationing while we go on our cruise in January. Yep, my kittehs will be going to Cat's Paradise Spa and Boarding Retreat, assuming I like the place. I know it sounds like they are totally spoiled rotten but we don't really have much choice. All of our friends and family are either allergic to cats, have cats of their own, live too far away to visit the cats twice a day or they will be on the cruise with us so....the kittehs get treated to a little vacation while we are away.

4 comments:

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is so very pretty! We'd love it if you entered some of your pretty projects in the challenges at Papercraft Star... in fact there is still time to enter to win our gift certificate! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-gift-certificate-drawing-for.html

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty! I love that heart and sentiment!

Tanya R said...

Love the papers and the layout is fab!
Hugs
Tanya

cabio's craft corner said...

That's too sweet. Love the pink and the cute cutting job on that image :o)
Hugs,
Cabio