The Stamps I Use

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Corset Bachelorette Card

Hi folks,

Well tonight I am off to a bachelorette party - I'm not taking part in all the festivities - just the dinner and bowling. The pre-dinner burlesque lesson and after bowling bar hopping aren't really my cup of tea.

I did come up with this card though - that I thought was in the spirit of the evening celebrating the bride-to-be.



The corset (a Cuttlebug die cut) holds a gift card ....fittingly for a local lingerie store.

And this is a photo of it without the gift card...



The corset is die cut from a paper that is somewhat translucent with a starbust pattern embossed on it. The black lacy ribbon is actually from an old choker I had lying around that I had figured I would one day use on a card such as this. The sentiment is from the Wild Sprouts collection from The Greeting Farm.

I used this week's Sketch for you to try for the layout. I really like how this card turned out and I hope the bride-to-be enjoys it as well. Very girlie - very dramatic.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Tanya R said...

This is just FAB! Love the black white and red contrast.
Hugs
Tanya