The Stamps I Use

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Friday Sketchers with Cupcake Ruby

.
.
Good morning!

I hope everyone is having a lovely day so far. A friend of mine has a birthday today and this is the card I made for her - using the sketch from this week's Friday Sketchers Challenge and colours from this week's Sparkle Creations Rubbers Stamps Challenge (orange, green and cream).




And look! I actually finished the inside of the card and remembered to take a photo.



The papers I used were perfect for the colour challenge - CTMH Splendor combined with CTMH Topiary, Goldrush and Colonial White cardstock.

Cupcake Ruby is coloured with Copic Markers (W1, W3, W5, W9, R85, R83, E000, E00, E02, YR00, YR02, YR04, YR14, YG17, YG67, YG11, T1, YR23, YR17, Y23, Y21, Colourless Blender) to match the papers. Her black hair was a challenge for me. I actually had a partially coloured image sitting on my desk for a while but I had used the C range of greys and wasn't happy with it. So I stamped a new image and tried it with the W range of greys instead. I think it worked out better for these warm fall colours on this card.

I used Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circles (Sm and Lg) to die cut the cardstock panels for the image.

Oh, the buttons are CTMH as well (in Colonial White).

Other challenges for this card:
Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day! Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Crazystamper said...

You did a wonderful job colouring the image Sheena. I really like how you used the Spellbinders, great idea! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.onecrazystamper.com

ultraroyale said...

Love the layout on your Cupcake Ruby card. The w series of grey do work very well with hair and many other areas. Thanks for sharing.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Bob L.
www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

Sparkle said...

Such a darling card!

fi's cards and crafts said...

great card and fall colours. Thanks for joining us at paper sundaes this week.

Fi

RiNNE said...

Lovely! Your coloring is amazing! Great job on the sketch, Sheena!

Danielle said...

Oh Sheena this is gorgeous! I love how you worked those colours in with all the nestie scalloped circles!
Hugs, Danielle

Stephanie Kraft said...

So sweet, Sheena! Thanks for playing along!

debby4000 said...

Adorable, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Carol said...

Very nice. Love the autumn colors you used.

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card, love how you made the circle.

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers, hope you'll be back next week.

Hugs Tanja

Nana said...

Wonderful sweet card!
Thank you for playing with "Paper Sundaes" this week!
hugs Nana