The Stamps I Use

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Life is Good - PWCO Sunday Sketch #49

Hi Everybody,

I hope that everyone who has a holiday weekend this first weekend of September is having a great one so far! Mine started out great (on Friday) when I got my order from PaperWorksCo of all the new Echo Park Papers that Peggy now stocks. Have you seen these yummies for yourself? You really NEED to (enabler alert - at the time I wrote this post the Echo Park Papers were showing at 40% off in the store...you might want to snag some ... and tell Peggy I sent you!). Gorgeous colours, gorgeous patterns and DOUBLE-SIDED!

You see I was REALLY HOPING they would show up before the weekend because I had been asked to be a guest contributor for this week's Sunday Sketch (after submitting a card for Sunday Sketch #47) and really REALLY wanted to use these papers after I saw the sketch with which I would be working. You can find it over at the PaperWorksCo blog today (and you can see it in my sidebar as well).

Okay, enough chit-chat I suppose....here's my card featuring.....


Yes....my long-time favourite "Harriet the Hippo". I figured that if I used Harriet I would be more likely to stick with the original layout of the sketch (if you are a regular reader you know I quite often move things around or flip the sketches with which I work).

I DID substitute a Spellbinders Peony die cut for the oval shape but I think I did pretty good otherwise for sticking with the original sketch. Don't you think? I DID emboss it but I thought it needed a little something else. I hate that the shapeabilities only do 1/4 inch increments don't you? So, I grabbed my white gel pen and dotted just inside the inner edge of the die to add a little more interest to the Bazzill cardstock I used.

I even kept the horizontal strip where it was supposed to be -- more or less. You might notice that this Spellbinders Eyelet Borderabilities die cut is a pretty good match for the paper I chose. No coincidence, that. I selected the paper first (Echo Park, Life is Good, Simple Stripes (the reverse side) and then went looking through my rather vast collection of Spellbinders for a border I liked. I turned out to be this one! I figured the strip needed a little something so I also pulled out one of my Cuttlebug dies and added the cream coloured lattice (the other half of the die cut - the swirly bit - is on the inside of the card).

I stamped Harriet three times - once on the cream coloured image panel and twice more for layering the image. I coloured her with my Copic Markers (C1, C3, R85 and R29) and then cut out the full image and adhered it to the image panel. Then I cut out just her head and popped it up with foam dimensionals. The (partial) sentiment comes from the Safari friends Sentiment set.

So there you have it - my take on this week's Sunday Sketch at PaperWorksCo. Be sure to play along this week - you might find yourself as the guest designer two weeks from now if you do!

Thanks Peggy for asking me to play along - I hope I didn't disappoint!

5 comments:

Crazystamper said...

Isn't that just the cutest hippo ever...lovely card Sheena! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.onecrazystamper.com

RiNNE said...

You are totally an enabler!! Hehe! I'm trying my hardest not to peek but I'm dying to see if it's still on sale! Such a wonderful card! Your coloring is right en pointe and I lobe the white ink detail!

Tanya R said...

Oh absolutely adorable.
Hugs
Tanya

sunghee said...

i do i do love the color!

Heather Jensen said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing along this week at Card Patterns. :)