The Stamps I Use

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mojo Monday with Christian

Hi folks!

Long time - no card! But I do have one tonight! If you are a frequent visitor, then you know that my dearly beloved plays D&D (Dungeons and Dragons). Well, in their little group, one of the players is actually second generation. Yes, nerds beget nerds. Dad and son both play. Well, son turns SIXTEEN tomorrow and I thought I should make a card to celebrate (his younger sister will be fifteen next week and she does NOT play - I'll be working on her card sometime this week).

For his card, I decided I needed to use Christian from Simply Betty Stamps. I just thought he would be a cool image on a birthday card for a teenager.




I hope he likes it!

The image is coloured with Copic Markers (E00, E000, E25, YG63, YG67, G21, E35, E37, E39, C1, C3, C5, C7, T2, YR04, YR02). Not sure how well you can see it in the photo, but I added a little shadow around Christian with the C1 and on the ground with C1 and C3. In my list of markers, you might see that I used T2 (toner). I added that to the left side of his hat to give the colour a little more depth. I think I should have used T1 though. For the shading on his clothing I stuck with simply blending two (or three) marker colours from the same family. I was trying out my shading skills for this week's challenge over at the Copic Creations Blog - Shading on and around your images.

I used this week's sketch from Mojo Monday for the layout. I switched out the ribbon/bow treatment in the sketch for a simple sequence of brads to match the CTMH outdoor denim cardstock. I figured this was a LITTLE more appropriate for a teenage boy.

Notice how I offset the image and the two cardstock mats for the image? I should do this more often as I really like the look. In this case, though, I did it to accomodate the biggest of the brads I wanted to use. If the image and the mats had been centred I would not have been able to squeeze them into the border.

Oh, the sentiment is from one of my sets from The Greeting Farm (I think it's from My Guy Ian) and the patterned papers are CTMH You Rock. I'm beginning to think that someone should do an intervention - or at least confiscate the last of my "You Rock" paper pack. I can't help using it whenever I have to make a masculine card! And ---- I STILL haven't used up the entire paper pack - I still have one or two sheets uncut and several half sheets ....and tons of scraps. Maybe I need to do a marathon use up the "You Rock" paper session just to get rid of it all.

You will probably see another card featuring Christian showing up on my blog soon - I coloured up a second image of him using the same colours tonight - but switched up the shirt and hat. So, I have an image on hand already to play!

Hope you are all having a fabulous week - I can't wait for the weekend!

6 comments:

Crazystamper said...

He is so cool Sheena, terrific image for a guy! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.onecrazystamper.com

RiNNE said...

So very awesome, dude! I love Simply Betty stamps! I'm sure he'll think this is so cool!

Rose said...

Nicely done.

asela said...

Cute!

Rica said...

Lovely card, gorgeous papers and cute image.
So glad you could join us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Cute card and love the color combo. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge for Shading.