The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

our happy home anniversary

Hi folks,

well, today is the ninth anniversary of my dearly beloved and I moving into our current house - the first home we purchased together. So, I had to mark the occasion with a card for him like I do every year. For this one, I DID use the second "Hideaway House" image from The Stamp Barn that I coloured the other day - even though he HAS seen the image.




I used this week's Sunday Sketch from PaperWorksCo for the layout but made a horizontal card instead of a vertical card (it measures 5 x 6.5 inches). If you haven't played along yet, there is still time! You could be the next guest designer - just like me! I will also have another PWCO Sunday Sketch card for you this coming Sunday as I was selected from last week's participants to do a feature card using the sketch. Isn't that neat?



Before I forget, the sentiment on the front was composed using the CTMH Solos "O" and "Y".  And the handwritten inscription inside finishes the sentiment ... "make our house a home". Awwwwwww...yeah I know. Now you don't need any sugar for your coffee or tea, right?

Other card details:

Copics: E11, E21, E31, E33, E35, E37, YR63, YG67, G21, YR04, YR00, B00s,
Spellbinders: Deckled Rectangles
Papers: CTMH Splendor with CTMH goldrush and chocolate cardstock

Anyways, this is a scheduled post as I don't know if dearly beloved follows my blog and I wanted to make sure this didn't go up until he had received the card. By now he SHOULD have found it in his lunch.

Hope you all have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

RiNNE said...

Sheena, you are too funny! Congrats on the guest DTs and fabulous card! Happy home anniversary!

Tanya R said...

Love the card, and I really like the twine used. You really know how to use those spellbinders.
Hugs
Tanya

Amy said...

Love that image, reminds me of a fairy's home! :) Great paper mix and wonderful use of the sketch! Awesome card!

sunghee said...

happy anniversary! as for me, i wish not to remember my move-in anniversary. As it was the same day I was forced to live with my in-laws. Ugh! Well, actually, I was bribed. hehe.
Love the card. What does your hubby do with your awesome cards?