The Stamps I Use

Monday, September 6, 2010

Rock Star Anya - Rockin the holiday

Hi folks,

Well, I decided to play along with another of the extra images I had stamped up for the image exchange - this time I went with RockStar Anya to give you all a break from my Hallowe'en-y cards. But you don't get a break from the orange! (technically it's CTMH Goldrush to match the You Rock papers)


I coloured RockStar Anya with Copics (YR00, YR02, YR04, YR14, E15, Y17, E000, E00, E02, R20, R83, BV11, BV13, V15, YG11, YG63, G21). And I added a little glimmer to her hair and guitar with some colour matched sparkly gel pens. Her headband got the once over with a clear sparkle pen.

I embossed the star panel using a Cuttlebug folder and then added a distress look by sanding the paper to expose the white core of the card stock.

Challenges for this card:
  • Club Anya - Mystery Monday: Case of Peggy Meyer. I tried to stick as close to the inspiration photo but I had to drop the extra embellies. I originally had some cuttlebug die cut stars on the card but I felt they just made it too busy with all the patterned papers and embossing already going on.
  • Practical Scrappers - white/color core cardstock. I sanded my embossed CTMH Goldrush so you could see the inner white core.
  • Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - distress it. As I said before, I distressed the embossed panel by sanding it.
Hope you are having a lovely day - my plans to go for a little motorcycle ride this afternoon got squashed by the rain so....here I am in the craft room!

10 comments:

RiNNE said...

Very cute! Great job on getting three challenges done!

Sparkle said...

This is just adorable!

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Sheena! Your card certainly rocks! Gorgeous colors and papers.
Little Anya is very nicely colored. terrific layout.
Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges and hope to see you soon again.
Hugs.
Danielle

Tanya R said...

Yes this is one Rockin card. Perfect paper and loving her hair.
Hugs
Tanya

BrendaB said...

This is such a cool card! I love the sanding on your embossed cardstock!

Sprytebyrd said...

Love this card! The embossed stars are perfect and the distressing just rocks!
Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Distressing challenge!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot

Leonie said...

One fabbo rocking card! Your embossed/distressed stars look awesome!! just perfect and thanks for joining us this week at SSC for our distressing challenge.
Hugs Leonie

PeggyLovesVintage said...

I love the color of the papers and Anya just ROCKS!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Practical Scrappers.

Also, I wondered if you have heard about Papercraft Star yet? You really need to consider entering some of your projects for the challenges over there if you haven't already!
http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com

Carolyn said...

Love the distressed stars. What a great design and image. It's perfect for our distressed challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn