The Stamps I Use

Friday, September 10, 2010

Something old, something new - with Verve!

Hi folks,

well after my crazy Hallowe'en spurt of card-making on the holiday weekend (what's up with that? Two months early?), I finally sat down on Monday night try to make one of those "quilted" cards I've seen around for months now. You know what I mean - they are made with either little squares of paper or stripes (for the log-cabin effect - ooops, sorry for you non-quilters out there who don't know what a log cabin is).

Anyways, there WERE four card fronts made but my first one had to be tossed. My original sentiment panel was WAY TOO BIG and covered up too much of the "quilt" for my liking. Of course, I didn't figure that out until I had stuck it to the front with sticky foam squares. Say hello to the recycling bin Mr Card Front....grrrr.

So here are the three cards that DID make the cut......







The papers are CTMH Emporium (Level II paperpack and Creative Basics).

The stamp sets I used for the sentiment and frame are:
something new - Verve Love Story (swirly frame around the sentiment)
something old - Verve Birthday Surprise and Verve Wishful Elegance


Making these cards perfect for this month's Verve project parade challenge - something old, something new.

I used Spellbinders Label Eight (the biggest one) for the front panel and layered two of the second smallest Label Eight die cuts to back the stamped Swirly Frame.

I have been really wanting to make one of these quilted cards for some time now - quilting is a common hobby in my family and one of my very talented Aunt's has a birthday next week. So one of these birthday cards will be hers.

You will probably see more of this type of card showing up on my blog - maybe even some Bargello inspired patterns if I am feeling really creative - maybe even with instructions on how to do it yourself!

Thanks for stopping by, hope you all have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Lynda Benden said...

These are all darling! Love the quilted background and layout!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, what a fabulous set! Love your quilted background!