The Stamps I Use

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Another WCMD Weekend Card

Hi folks,

well I did make it back to work on another card tonight. This one is for my sister who has a birthday on October 7th (yes, Expresspost is my friend).



I used my new Basic Grey Pyrus papers that I picked up from PaperWorksCo. The layout is the VSWCMD3 sketch from Verve Stamps for their World Card Making Day Release Week Challenges (I hope to play along with the rest before the deadline!). I combined the Verve "Because of You" and "Birthday Surprise" stamps sets for the sentiment and the flower. Believe it or not, I used Copics on this card! E04, E93 and E70 were used to colour the flower.

I used a pleated strip of coordinating cardstock for the "ribbon" element of the sketch in order to play along with the EHWCMD3 trend-watching challenge over at the Classroom - Pleats!

Hope my sister likes her card - I know she probably would have liked a TGF card for her birthday but none of the images were calling to me for her card this time around.

5 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty! Love the fun papers and your flower accent.

Linda said...

Lovely!

Tanya R said...

Gorgeous Sheena. Love the greens.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

beautiful!

Ellen said...

Your use of pleats is fantastic! I'm also loving the way that the sentiment is the focal point of your card. Thank you for playing along in the Ellen Hutson WCMD challenges!