this is the thanksgiving card I made for dearly beloved's Dad and Step-Mom.
We won't be able to go to their place tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner with the family due to my head-cold. Dearly Beloved's Dad had open heart surgery a while back and I don't want to risk passing along this cold to him. The sad thing is, not only can we visit with family this weekend, my cold also means we can't invite anyone over either. Translation - too many turkey leftovers will be in our refrigerator this week.
Anyways, enough of my moaning and groaning. Details about the card:
- I was TOTALLY inspired by this post by Susan Raihala over at the Simplicity blog. All of the cards in the post are just GORGEOUS! I had to scraplift/CASE call it what you will. I think I need to make a bunch more cards like this. Just because they are SO pretty.
- card base is CTMH Colonial White and the patterned paper (just a 3 inch square, cut into quarters with the corners rounded) is Basic Grey Indian Summer.
- I added a few extra self-adhesive rhinestones along the bottom (mostly to cover a little ink smudge from my inky fingers on the right side of the card but also to balance the layout since I think I put it a little too high on the card base).
- the sentiment is from the CTMH November Word Puzzle (now retired)
- I'll be entering this one into this week's challenge over at Totally Stampalicious - a thankful card. I think it is safe to say that we are all counting our blessings this weekend that dearly beloved's Dad is still with us as his need for heart surgery came as a surprise to all of us.