The Stamps I Use

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day (all weekend)

Hi folks,

well I WISH I could say that I made tons of cards on WCMD but, sadly, we had a few commitments and I only managed to spend a couple of hours yesterday (colouring) and today (finished the colouring and made ONE card with one of the four images I coloured).

This one is for dearly beloved's newphew who turns four today - I figured we wouldn't see him until Thanksgiving weekend so it was okay that I got to his card a little late even though I DID get his birthday present earlier this week.

This is his card:



I used one of the Oliver images from "Happy Day" by The Greeting Farm. The sentiment is from Susie Surprise (also TGF). The papers are Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride from my stash of PaperCard Kits from PaperWorksCo (May 2010 actually - yes I hoard my papers). Since this week's challenge from Paper Sundaes is to use something from your stash, I'll be submitting this card to that challenge.

Oliver is coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E02, E33, E35, E37, E25, E31, W1, W3, W5, W7, BG11, Bg13, YR23, YR16, E08, B91, B93, B95, B97, Y18, C3, C5, C7) and popped up on foam dimensionals on circular panels cut with my Spellbinders Petite Circles (Small and Large).

The layout is from the sketch challenge over at the Classroom (EHWCMD2) for World Card Making Day. Did you count how many layers are on this card? Well, not counting the card base (CTMH Colonial white that you can't see in this pic) - there are technically TEN layers on this card. TEN! That's what happens when you just HAVE to mat every piece of paper that you put on a card - and then add ribbon! So, I think this card DOUBLE qualifies for this week's Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - to layer it on with at least five layers on your card.

Anyways, I HOPE I find the time to get back to make my sister's birthday card and a card for the new baby - yes she arrived a few days ago on September 28th - all 7lbs, 8oz. Not sure if I will have the time though.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

10 comments:

Crazystamper said...

Lovely card Sheena, your Nephew will love it! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

jonaks said...

its a cute card. happy world card making day.

Tanya R said...

Way cute, have to say I got little done craft wise this weekend. My little ones are keeping me busy (that is a good thing).

Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

i think this card is my favorite out of your creations! love the bright colors and the sketch and papers you used!

alicaz said...

wonderful! Love how you colored the image and the papers are great too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Love the papers and the layout design. Adorable card.Thanks for joining us this week and "using your stash" at Paper Sundae's.

Hugs,
Wendy

Betty Wright said...

Sheena, this is so adorable and fantastic! Great cut work detailing and coloring on the focal image. Really heart your blend of patterns and shapes for your layers! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Annette said...

Oh what a sweet card & that little guys is too, too cute! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Carolyn said...

I just love all the layers on this one. Your papers are fantastic. This image so reminds me of my little guy. Great card. Thanks so much for sharing such a fabulous creation with us for our Layer It On Challenge at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Ellen said...

This little guy is WAY too cute and I'm just guessing that he is perfectly suited to your nephew :-D
Wonderful interpretation of the sketch layout! Thank you for joining in the Ellen Hutson WCMD challenges!