The Stamps I Use

Friday, October 1, 2010

ICS85 with Simply Betty

Hi folks,

Well, my resolve to actually paper-craft on weeknights to catch-up/get-ahead of all the cards I need for October has not panned out. In fact, this post is for a card for a birthday that was actually LAST Friday. But, since I knew I wouldn't be seeing the birthday girl's Dad until THIS Friday, I procrastinated - DESPITE the fact I knew I wanted to use THIS stamp and the fluffy green embellishment on the card. Anybody else guilty of doing this?



I love this collection from Simply Betty Stamps - in fact, I find it VERY hard to resist each new release that comes out. But.....I still haven't inked up the entire first collection so I am trying to stick to my guns and NOT buy more new stamps. Since I was colouring up this Betty for a teenager I TRIED to make her outfit a little less revealing by colouring in the shoulder area like it was a short sleeved shirt under the corset....with long fingerless gloves on her arms. But you could easily have her outfit a little more revealing by leaving her shoulders flesh coloured.

Now I can't quite tell if her little companion is supposed to be a Chihuahua type dog or if it is a Siamese type cat....of course, I favour cat.

Anyways, here are the details:

Copic Markers: E000, E00, E01, E21, E25, E27, E29, E33, E35, C5, C7, C9, YG63, YG67, YR02, YR04, YR18

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH Heavenly Blue

Papers: My Mind's Eye Home. Not sure how well it comes across in the photo but these papers are all sparkly! I think you can see it on the plaid the best in the photo but all three are glittery, sparkly papers - very heavily embossed. Come to think of it - I think that qualifies this card for the Day 212 challenge over at 365 Cards - the Three G's : Girl, Green and Glisten!

Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen (Just arrived with six other new nestie sets from PaperWorksCo)

Sketch: Inspirational Card Sketches #85 (I flipped the sketch and instead of doing the ribbon treatment with a bow I did the plaid paper with the fluffy feather thingy - got it at Pritchard Packaging by the way)


Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

7 comments:

Nicola said...

What a cute image and loving the colours you have used on this card too. Many thnaks for joining us this week at ICS. Nicola xx

Pam said...

That stamp is fabulous - great card!

RiNNE said...

I love Simply Betty stamps! Wonderful card...awesome pompom! And I think that animal is a cat :).

Debs said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
Hugs

Meredith said...

Great interpretation of the sketch - your feathers are so fun! Thanks for joining us at ICS this week!

Jackie said...

Love your card. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week. :)

Dianna said...

Cute card! I'm so glad you found inspiration with my sketch! Thanks for joining us at Inspirational Card Sketches this week!