The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WOYWW - October 20th

Hi folks,

Here's my desk this week!



I have still not gotten things back in to order after the crop I attended on Friday and the card-making party that was at my house on Saturday and I haven't managed to make any cards since this weekend.

I did manage to sit down after work today and put my Copics back into their coffee tins. My box of acrylic blocks is still hiding somewhere in the box of stuff I have waiting to be put back from the card-making party.

I also managed to take a few seconds to stamp a few Hallowe'en images from PaperWorksCo to colour at lunch time tomorrow. That's why the Prismacolor pencils and papers are sitting on the desk. My lunchtime walking partner has another commitment tomorrow and it is supposed to be raining so...I'm going to try to get some colouring done.

Oh - and the phone is there because just before I took this picture I was talking to my brother back home in Newfoundland. He is headed out to sea for a month (yes, an entire month) and I have a fitness class tonight so by the time I get home and with the time difference, he might already be settled in for the night.



So I thought I would answer some questions from previous WOYWW posts I have done.

Yes, I do have two Cricuts - the original one and an Expression. Neither of them gets much use but I would say that I use the Expression more often because I usually use them to make bigger things - like boxes - and need the bigger cutting surface. When I do use them, they definitely get hooked up to the Jukebox because I always use the Cricut Design Software (yes, I was a Beta and bought the software when it was only available as a download - got my actual physical copy months later). I definitely prefer the flexibility of manipulating the images on a computer screen (after all, in real life I am a techie). Why two Cricuts? Well, when I got the Expression I did consider getting rid of the baby cricut - but sometimes, it's good to use the little one for the smaller cuts since the cutting mats are less expensive to replace for that one. What's that? A hint of frugality? From me?


As for the Copics, I don't have anywhere near a full collection. I {think} I have somewhere around 130 or so. I do have all of the Vs now and almost all of the Es (only the E4s are missing). I am a bit obsessive/compulsive about "collections" so I do know it is only a matter of time before I get them all. One thing about taking them with you to a crop - it really SUCKS sorting them out and putting them back into the coffee tins in which I store them in the craft room. I think I will have to invest in those really cool Copic wallets in which to store them. I had a hard time picking out colours when I was colouring at the crop as they were all messed up in the shoebox. grrr......but I DID manage to colour up three cards that night.


So that's it for my desk this week - I didn't take any additional pictures of the space because it is REALLY messy with my gear from the card-making party and crop strewn about -- along with some new crafty purchases from earlier this week.

Be sure to check out Julia's post for the links to everyone else who is playing along this week.

8 comments:

kelly said...

I would love to have the collection of Copics that you have. I don't have any yet, but hopefully will start collecting soon.

Kelly

Shari said...

Love your Magnolias, love your tool caddy, love your large green mat, yep, I could work here ;) Thanks so much for the peek!
~Shari #123

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have no copics, but also had no idea there were so many colors. Believe me, I know obsessive when it comes to collections! As many of these as you have, it would be really wise to get a decent storage system for on-the-go. I'm sure you will talk yourself into something in the not too distant future (grin). Happy WOYWW from #12.

Christine said...

Two cricuts and why not! I've toyed with the idea of getting one and I think I will get there one day. Wonderful copics but yes, doesn't tidying up get to be a chore :-) Christine #14

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Would you believe? I don't have a single copic and I don't think I've ever seen one available here in the Philippines! Patsy from
HeARTworks

akilli melek said...

never mind the cricuts, I'm drooling over the copics. caroline #36

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Think there are many of us looking at the selection of Copics. I'm a newbie to the WOYWW so please be gentle with me!! Best wishes, Kym (No 42)

Julia Dunnit said...

Your answers to WOYWW last week are as interesting as your desk this week - a picture of you is emerging! I bought a pre-selected set of 72 copics and almost immediately realised my mistake, so am now, like you, building colour collections...starting, oddly enough, with the Vs!