The Stamps I Use

Sunday, November 21, 2010

For a 60th birthday

Hi folks,

This card is one I made for the birthday of the husband of one of my dearest friends. We attended his big birthday bash (Sixty!) last night at a local arts centre. Only my friend could pull off a party that big and have everyone enjoy themselves. She is honestly one of the most vibrant people I know. You can't help but smile when you are in her company. We've known each other ever since I started working for the federal government - that's almost nineteen years now!


Anyways....here's the card!



Details:
  • Patterned Papers: 7gypsies Avignon. I actually bought these papers with this particular birthday in mind. Birthday boy loves looking at atlases so I thought these papers would be perfect.
  • Card Stock: CTMH Cocoa and Desert Sand
  • Stamped Sentiment: Verve Stamps "Wishing You"
  • Layout: Sketch for you to try. I substituted some stitching with my new bakers twine from The Twinery for one of the panels from the lower right corner. I ordered their sampler pack of a bunch of their colours and it arrived earlier this past week and this was my first chance to use it. I think next time I may see if any of my local crafty peeps are interested in splitting an order of the full spools. I could get addicted to this stuff. I even used it as part of the gift wrap for birthday boy's present.

2 comments:

RiNNE said...

I'm sure birthday boy loved his card! Sounds like a great party!

Amy Sheffer said...

Sounds like a really fun party! Your card is just fabulous! Love the papers you used! Great job with the SFYTT challenge!