The Stamps I Use

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday PaperWorksCo

My, my, my - where HAS the time gone? Can you believe that PaperWorksCo is already celebrating their THIRD birthday? As anyone who reads my blog on a regular basis already knows, I am a big fan of PaperWorksCo and discovered them mere months (maybe even weeks) after they originally started up. I was looking for a Canadian source for some of my favourite crafting supplies and, well, I've been a loyal customer ever since. I was even one of the original members of her first design team! Can you say honoured? Flattered?

Anyways, I hemmed and hawed over which of the adorable stamp collections I would feature in my post to celebrate this momentous occasion. Should I go with my all-time fave "Harriet the Hippo" from the inaugural Safari Friends stamp collection from PWCO or should I go with something from the new collections? I figured I would give Harriet a break (I ALWAYS feature her for big PWCO happenings) and go with a brand spanking new image fresh from the mailbox.





Don't you just love the results of this partnership between PaperWorksCo and Rachelle Anne Miller?

This "Season of Joy" image will certainly bring back fond memories of childhood Christmases for most of you - whether or not you hung your stocking on a fireplace mantle. I think this image perfectly captures the hope, joy and anticipation that every child feels at this time of year. I don't know about you but, for me, the best part of Christmas has ALWAYS been the stocking!

Details
- patterned paper: Basic Grey Jovial
- card stock: CTMH New England Ivy
- Spellbinders: Labels Seventeen
- ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa
- coloured with PrismaColor Pencils (927, 916, 917, 918, 912, 911, 906, 941,944, 921, 997) and Zig Marker "Pure Red"
- satin ribbon from my Fabricland stash

And now for the featured sneak peek....




Do you think you have already seen this project featured in the birthday bonanza? Or, is it one that is yet to come? Make your best guess and follow the directions in this post for your chance to win one of the fabulous prizes that Peggy has up for grabs to celebrate the third birthday of PaperWorksCo.


Happy 3rd birthday Peggy - may you have continued success in the coming years!

P.S. don't forget that Peggy has 15% off Spellbinders Dies in the shop until Friday. If they are on your Christmas wish list you might want to tell Santa to stop by!

12 comments:

Tanya R said...

Ok, I want to see more now! I love all the details in the card. That fireplace image is way cute.
Hugs
Tanya

Lissame said...

Love the card, it is quite cute.

PeggyLovesVintage said...

The image is just darling and the coloring is wonderful! Great card!

Anonymous said...

great to see you on the hop, sheena! love the card; gorgeous colours and layout:) what an intriguing sneek peek...look forward to seeing the rest;) tfs! tinla

sunghee said...

What?!! No harriet!? Heehee. Your fireplace card is very lovely. Love the whole color/papers you picked. Very warm holiday feeling.

cabio's craft corner said...

Fun DP and sweet traditional Christmas coloring Sheena. Cute Christmas card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

RiNNE said...

Your coloring is lovely! What a wonderful card! Thanks for being loyal to PWCO -- I've discovered them (& other stamps) through you!!

Peggy L said...

thanks sheena.. you have been the bestest!

you are so good to me... im blessed to have had a dt member like you!

THANK YOU so much for everything you do, and of course the card is PERFECT!

Jodi said...

This is a fantastic holiday card! The image is adorable and I love the look of that nestie (another item to add to the never ending wish list).

Amanda R said...

Love this image, a fireplace is always so warm and welcoming. Congrats on being one of the first dt members too, something to be proud of!

Jennifer Roach said...

Beautiful card! I can't wait to get my Christmas RAM stamps from PWCO!!

KindredEsprit said...

I love the fine patterns of the papers you chose and that rich bow works so well with the warm fireplace! Great "cozy" colouring, too!