The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hoppin' into the Holidays with TGF

Hi folks!

Welcome to my stop on the Hoppin' into the Holidays with TGF blog hop (the hop starts at 7:00pm CST which I THINK is 8:00pm Eastern)

One of the categories for creations for the hop was "Let it Snow"  (use snow in creative ways on your card).

Well, I decided to go with that category but I made something other than a card - I made a waterless snow-globe featuring Toby the Snowboarder! (click the photo for a larger image if you like)




I printed Toby (a digital stamp) on a transparency sheet and coloured the image with Copic Markers (G07, B97, B93, W5, W7, RV34, Y23, Y15). I then cut the image out with my Spellbinders Petite Ovals - making a frame with CTMH Indian Blue Cardstock to fit the image.

I then created a little "stand" using two snowflakes I cut from a snowflake garland to hold the image in place in the apothecary jar (with some glue dots on the base). I then added some Buffalo snow (fake plastic snow) to finish off the wintery snow-boarding scene.

Some thin, blue satin ribbon which I encased in a white organza, a white crochet flower and another of the snowflakes from the garland and my waterless snow globe was finished.

Kind of cute, don't you think?

Well, enough chatter from me....back to the TGF blog for the next stop on the hop! Thanks for stopping by!

ETA - my comments are moderated so if you don't see yours right away, don't worry! I'll be sure to approve them before the cut-off time for the blog hop!

46 comments:

Berenice R. said...

Awesome project! :)

Elena said...

What a wonderful project!

sugarstamp said...

Great idea!

Just me... said...

great coloring and fantastic idea!

Holly J said...

That is adorable!

Buttercup said...

MORE than Kinda Cute! Super cute! What a crafty idea! Thank You for sharing your tricks and technique! Way cool! :)

Tanya said...

awesome project!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisabee) said...

Kind of cute? um YES!!!

JLJ Designs said...

Neat idea! I love the snow.

Jennifer

jan farnworth said...

love what you did with toby very nicely done.

Tasha said...

So gorgoeus
love tasha xx

Sparkle said...

This is adorable!

Becca Fabozzi said...

amazing project! SO cute

the whimsical butterfly said...

HOW CUTE is this?!?! WOW! I LOVE your coloring of Toby Snowboarder and that snow at the bottom is just perfect! What a cute idea!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

I do think its cute. Very creative.

Smiles!
Gwen

ddinak said...

I love Toby! You did a great job!

faithnme said...

love this I would make a couple of them.. and post them around my house

hugs

Kim Y. said...

Super awesome project! Very fun!

Meme said...

VEry sweet, I think! TFS!

♥ Kristy Young ♥ said...

This is soo clever! I love it!
Thanks so much for hoppin into the Holidays with us!
Kristy xo

RiNNE said...

Such a cute creation, Sheena!!! Fabulous job!!

Nat said...

So creative! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing...I love it!

Kris said...

What a cool creation!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

What a cutie!

Gin Oak said...

Lovely idea. Thanks for sharing your creativity :-)

Cecilia Reyes said...

So cute and original...

Sammi said...

Oh wow!! This is Amazing!! so effective :D
Sammi
xx

Mercy said...

beautifully done!

jenlynnie said...

so neat!

citronlime said...

Just lovely!

Jenny V. said...

Great project!

Lynda Nielsen said...

ohhhhhhhh not just "Kind of Cute" this is ABSOLUTELY CUTE.... What a creative idea. I just LOVE Toby....
Of course I love all the critters, and designs from Marina Neira...
You might be interested to know that The Stamping Bazaar is having their blog hop right now as well. in case you want to see or win MORE Marina Neira cuties... ha ha
Hugs,
Lynda

Wilfreda said...

So cute. Great idea.

Meera said...

Totally cute project x

Tanya R said...

This is amazing. What a great center piece. So adorable.
Hugs
Tanya

Shaela said...

wow, great project!! thanks for joining us at The Greeting Farm :)

Jacqueline said...

Adorable!! Love the colors!

Carisa said...

this is so sweet!

CraftyDee said...

Great idea, it looks so cute! :)

Deconstructing Jen said...

Gorgeous project! Thanks for participating in the hop with us!

Pryn said...

Awesome project! So cool and unique!!!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is ADORABLE!!

kadie said...

This is SUPER COOL! I love it!!

Tammy said...

Amazing and such a clever idea!

sunghee said...

How fun!!!! Love the idea! I love waterless snow-globe. Great on coloring. it almost look like an ornament inside. Great job!!!

PeggyLovesVintage said...

How cute! Now you've given me ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!