The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WOYWW - Nov 24

Hi folks,

it's time for another WOYWW post!

For those of you who have stopped by from time to time I have for you the long-awaited peek inside the embellishment cabinet that went up on my wall a couple of weeks ago.




I've only just begun to start sorting out some of many embellishments. I decided to start with the easy to sort stuff first - all of my CTMH embellishments. Yes, I colour-coded the drawers to match the contents by using my Stampin Up Word Window punch to punch out a card-stock tag on which I wrote the name of the colour. Inside each drawer are the buttons, brads and what-nots that match with that colour.




To say that I'm a little O.C.D. or A.R. might not be too far off the mark. The rows are even organized by CTMH colour family (thus the odd empty drawer here and there).




The bigger drawers contain the CTMH ribbons that I have that match with the embellishments stored above.

Now to fill up the rest of the drawers!

Funny thing is that dearly beloved wondered if I would have any problem filling both cabinets. Yes, laugh with me fellow WOYWWers. I did when I said that this would probably cover just a small fraction of my embellies. We won't even get in to the flowers and other ribbons and other "ephemera" that get tucked away into the craft room because "ooh.....I could probably use that on a card somehow".

Oh....and here's one of the actual workdesks. A lot tidier this week than usual don't you think?



down in front - eight more Christmas cards in progress. Up in the back - a new container for storing/toting my Copic Markers. Like a closer photo?



For using in my craft room, I've removed the lid and tipped the container on its side. When I want to tote it around with me, there is a lockable lid that can be snapped back on. I figure this might encourage me to colour when downstairs watching tv since I can just pick up the one container and have them all in one place. To keep the colour families separate, I cut a few plastic, disposable cutting boards in half length-wise and wove them around the colours. Nice and flexible for when more colours get added to my collection - I still have a long way to go before I have all 300+ colours.

Anyways, if you would like to see who else is playing along with WOYWW, please check out Julia's Stamping Ground post from today.

15 comments:

Lionelsa said...

I like how you sort your embellishments.#30

Maz said...

Love the embellie storage - I don't think it's OCD at all! Maz (65) x

butlersabroad said...

Great embellishment storage and it makes so much sense to have it all colour coordinated like that. Have fun filling the rest of it.

Hugs
Brenda 91

Sue said...

Hi ya
oh fab storage so neat n tidy,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (16)

Joanne said...

I do like your embellishment cupboard. great. (13)

Tanya R said...

Oh I want one!!!!!!!!! How fab, I want to go home and organize now.
Hugs
Tanya

Claireliz said...

Oh I lurve that embellie cupboard
C (74)
xx

Peggy L said...

love your copic storage lol..

and the embellishment cabinent.. TO DIE FOR~~ lol

i will be posting my woyww tonight.. omg, you have to see the mess.. i'm now using my kitchen table lol.

RiNNE said...

That cupboard is so great!!!!

Doone said...

wooo overwhelming quantities of stash,

dx

Sheila said...

Great storage! So many awesome things.

Sheila #60

jenny said...

Wow! What an amazing cupboard for all your embellishments! Super organized :)

Jenny xx

Nicky said...

Love you embellishment cupboard I confess to being a little ocd too and like things in order - thanks for sharing ~127

oneoff said...

That's a great idea for storage for your pens - I might nick that one. Your rainbow embellishment cupboard will make it so easy to find things. Thanks for the snoop.

Bernie #11

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Well you have got a busy desk here with lots of nice things to use. Thanks for sharing your workspace with us. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 42)