The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gloria in Excelsis Deo

Hi folks,

I played along with Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge again this week (actually, this past weekend). Again, I made four cards - two for this year and two for next year. This week's theme was {Angels}. I pulled out my CTMH Gloria set for the first time and inked it up to make these cards.

Card 1 (for this year):


Card 2 (for this year):


Card 3 (for next year):


Card 4 (for next year):


Additional card details:
  • stamps: CTMH Gloria (coloured with Copics Y13, E00, E35, E40, E41, E42, E43, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18)
  • papers: DCWV Holiday Stack
  • flowers: Prima from my stash
  • gems: from my stash
  • layout: Sketch for you to try #49 (an old sketch being used for this week's sketch challenge)
Additional challenges for this card:
    Oh, by the way, I HAD planned to make this look more like stained glass by using Versamark and black embossing powder (set with my heat gun).  Ummm, that didn't work out so good. Nearly ruined a Copic marker finding that out! My yellow picked up some of the black even though I had set it with the heat gun and even left it for a while to cure. I think the next time I try this (there are other panels in the stamp set), I'll colour the images then cover them with VersaMark and clear embossing powder that will get heat-set to give a more complete "glass" effect.

    Hope you all have a wonderfully crafty day!

    2 comments:

    StephC said...

    Beautiful cards! Love your color choices. So glad you joined us for another CCC!

    Tanya R said...

    Simply LOVE this card!
    Hugs
    Tanya