The Stamps I Use

Friday, December 31, 2010

Lavender the Quilter

Hi folks,

well, this is card #639 for me for 2010 - not sure if I will be making any more before the New Year rolls over the dial. If not, I think this is a pretty good one with which to end the year.


A shot of the front panel....


because I find it hard to take a good picture of an easel card....see?



The card is for a co-worker and, as she is a quilter, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to finally pull out one of my Kraftin' Kimmie Krafty Girls (yes, I do have the entire collection) - Lavender the Quilter. The grey hair might be a bit of a departure but my coworker has the most lovely grey hair (I'm envious - I have to dye mine because mine is still VERY salt and pepper) so I wanted to colour Lavender with the same colours.

The main panel of the card has a bit of a "quilty" look to it don't you think? Yup, I threaded up the sewing machine to stitch on the panels. Another bit of a departure for me as I rarely sew on my cards even though I have been known to quilt from time to time!

Card Details:
  • stamped image: coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, B02, B000, YR02, E53, E55, E57, G24, G28, C1, C3, C5, C7).
  • papers and buttons: Cosmo Cricket Material Girl
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
  • layout: Oldie but a Goodie Challenge #9 (I omitted the sentiment from the sketch and, as it turns out, that might be a good thing. My coworker liked her card so much that she said she was going to put it on display in her sewing room! I'm quite flattered!)
Anyways, ta ta for now. I plan to do a little year in review recap post - probably tomorrow.

Hope you all have a lovely New Year's Eve!

7 comments:

quiltbiddy said...

Sheena, best birthday card ever! I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day -- or it might have been the chocolate fudge cake sugar rush. Your card is going to be framed and hung on my craft wall for all to see and admire!

Tracy said...

Fab entry, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Fleur said...

Hi, a real beautiful card, Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
Happy New Year, Hugz Fleur xXx

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Great card! The image is perfect for the patchwork layout.
Thank you for joining our sketch challenge at Oldie but a Goodie.
Clare x

Lisa Jane said...

what a fbaulous card - i love those Dp's .. really traditional looking
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie
Lisa ;)

liza said...

beautiful card,thankyou for joining us this week over at oldie but a goodie
love n hugs
liza
xox

Francesca said...

What a Great Card with my sketch , thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca