The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WOYWW - Dec 22nd

How about some Christmas Baking and some Christmas Bacon? Warning - this post is not for the vegetarians among you!

Christmas Baking: six types of cookies/squares that I made this morning.  I have another type in the fridge but there's no WAY I'm photographing my over-stuffed fridge! FYI - I was at the grocery store this morning at 5:30am buying parchment paper. Just a little Christmas crazy wouldn't you say?




And the Christmas Bacon....okay Bacon JAM..... yes you read that correctly. Bacon Jam. Recipe courtesy of Not Quite Nigella.



You are only seeing a picture of it cooking as it still has a bit of time to go and then I have to buzz it in the food processor. I made the mistake of making this previously for the guys I work with after making the OTHER mistake of telling them that I had partaken of this dubious delicacy on Bacon Appreciation Day (a friend's birthday is celebrated annually with all things bacon for the ENTIRE meal). Our annual Christmas work potluck is on Friday so....I volunteered/was coerced into making bacon jam again.

Honestly, it isn't as weird as you might think. On fresh baguette with a bit of brie...and slightly warmed. Yummm!!!!

Anyways, must go check on the Bacon Jam and see if it is ready for processing yet!

Hope you all have a fab Christmas! See you next week.

Oh -- if you would like to see an actual card, feel free to scroll down to my post from earlier today - BEFORE I started with the Christmas baking/bacon.

ta ta for now. Be sure to check out everyone else who is playing along by checking in with Julia at the Stamping Ground!

7 comments:

Marjo said...

Thanks for the peek and sharing. Happy Holidays and creative crafting in the New Year.

Hugs, Marjo #5

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great pics! Thank you for sharing.:)

Do you know about my blog candy? Pop over and join...

http://maggiescraft.blogspot.com/2010/11/woyww-blog-candy.html

Merry Christmas!

Maggie
xx

butlersabroad said...

We've been baking up a storm in this house too, more to do on Christmas Eve, I always look forward to that. My husband was supposed to take the turkey out of the freezer yesterday but forgot. He remembered at 4am this morning and pounded down the stairs to take it out, waking me up in the process!! Bacon jam actually sounds interesting, especially as you say, with Brie, bet it's really good.

Have a wonderful Christmas,
Hugs
Brenda 45

ANewYear said...

Oh yummy! Can I crash the party? ;)
I started drooling over the cookies before I even read about the bacon. Suddenly I'm really hungry. LOL

Have a Merry Christmas!
Carole 85

Minxy said...

Bacon Jam, thats a new one on me but i do love a good sausage sarnie with marmalade..

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas
Minxy #4

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Never heard of bacon jam, I wonder if my son would like to have some or would say, "Mom! I just prefer plain old bacon!" Merry Christmas! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Nicky said...

Bacon Jam is new to me but sounds interesting ~ looks like lots of goodies ~ hope you had a good Christmas ~ Nicky 52