The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

WOYWW - Dec 29

Hi folks,

It's Wednesday and, if you don't know what that means, then you must pop over to Julia's Blog - The Stamping Ground to find out!

Well I cheated again this week and took my photos on Tuesday instead of Wednesday as I will be back to work on Wednesday after our Christmas days off - so my craft room is as I left it on Tuesday night. I should warn you - this is a long post with lots of pics.

But I think you will all have a hoot looking at these photos - before and after shots of cleaning up my craft room on Tuesday afternoon. I know many of you are like me and were still churning out projects right up to Christmas Eve, if not Christmas Day. So I'm expecting at least some of you to understand the magnitude of this mess!

Are you ready? Take a deep breath and we will open the door (I think I am very grateful for this door - which I am considering replacing for a French door - which might be a mistake).




Are you SURE you are ready for this? Tread carefully!


Dearly beloved was quite shocked when he saw this when he put that roll of kraft paper in my craft room on my work table. He could not get any further into the room!



The pile to the left of the above table...


A little further to the left -- one of my binders open to a Stamping Bella page (go back a few posts for some Ketto cards if you have the time!) Oh...my big container of Christmas papers, a new desk lamp, my big case of PrismaColor Pencils, some Verve goodness....and more binders and binders of stamps....


Gah! the closet threw up! Actually, no, the closet door is open because I needed something inside a few days ago.

Let's see, light tent tossed into the craft room (with lights inside!), box of punches, more Christmas papers, ANOTHER lamp, a big ceramic tile with my heat knife on it....oh...and lots more stamps - boxes and binders FULL ....



My dear little Cuttlebug sitting on my wastecan - ran out of space on my table (hah! see above!) Yes, I was actually using it ON the wastecan. I had a minor avalanche at one point of a bunch of stuff so that's all over the place on the left. Topped off with a box containing my left-over Christmas cards from the last few years.



Oh....the surface of my other desk.....more Christmas papers scattered about (see back a few posts for the cards made with those). My sewing machine - still threaded with red thread.


The other corner of that desk - lots of green cardstock and a whole bunch of new Stamping Bella stamps. I think there are Cuttlebug plates, CTMH stamp sets and Spellbinders dies strewn about there as well. Oh, and some 6x6 paper pads stacked on my little stereo.


So what time did I start the cleanup? My cable box says it was 11:52 am.


And.....did this mess ever get cleaned up? You betcha! I even vacuumed! Lookie - you can WALK into the room!



My new magnifying lamp finally even made it onto my desk!


The floors are tidy (for me).


I'm not tripping over anything!



Okay, in my defense, THIS corner ALWAYS looks like this. It's my catch all. But the surface of my desk is good. My new toy is even plugged in - a new Android tablet! There's also a dead laptop power adapter in a state of disassembly - I plan to use the circuit board, resistors and capacitors on some cards.



In case you are wondering, that's "I, Robot" on the tv (Space channel, of course). A few stamped images in various stages of colouring in that little pile on the right.


And how long did this take me? Again, back to cable box! 3:33pm - yes on the SAME day.



And then what did I do? I sat right down and made a mess of course! But I did tidy up a bit after. See?


And those two cards bring my total number of cards made so far this year to 638! If you would like a closer look at them, you can find them in the two previous posts here and here

So if you made it this far - thanks for sticking with me. Be sure to go back to Julia's blog to see who else is playing along!

15 comments:

Sid said...

Thought that room was mine for a mo !! lol. Lot's to see and ponder there !!

S said...

What a way to create suspense with the closed door. I had a grand time looking around, and now I need to go straighten my room too!! Happy New Year! S #48

Minxy said...

Fab b4 and after shots, but doesn't it look pretty all spick and span. Wonder how long that will last lol
Happy WOYWW and wishing you a very happy new year x
hugs Minxy #33

Mrs A. said...

I think I need to go and have a lie down now after seeing all your crafty goodies. Someone else who uses the waste paper basket too. Mines got a stash off material on it at the moment. #59

Sherry Goodloe said...

Oooooooh what a FUN place to create you have there! And wow, what a nice clean up job you did :)

I'm #20 on the WOYWW list this week. Stop by when you get a chance.

And a Happy *almost* New Year to you!!

Chelle said...

WOW...That was a HUGE mess and my DH would have had a cow. Great job cleaning up and getting organized which of course meant creating again. Happy New Year #64

ANewYear said...

WOW ... you cleaned that space up in a little over 3.5 hours? Are you for hire?? Thank you for the peek into the before. I may just find the courage to take some before pictures as I begin the craftroom cleanup. ;)

Happy New Year!!
Carole #62

Marjo said...

Can I come over to play, promise to help you clean up after...lol Awesome craft room..kinda like the messy version more...hehehe

Happy creative crafting in the New Year. Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo #10

Susan said...

OMG Sheena! I was really scared when I saw the first photos! And I thought my desk was messy! I can't believe the transformation. Great job! I am sooo impressed.
Happy final WOYWW for 2010 and Happy 2011!
Susan #13
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

I don't know how you did it in such a short time - you must have worked like Wonderwoman! I took 3 days to sort and re-organise mine but, of course, that was with lots of little tea-breaks to sustain me along the way. Anyway, well done! Loved the demo and your room looks great. Your cards are terrific too - I've just had a peek at earlier posts to catch up and the rocking horse made by your other half is fabulous too:) Wishing you and yours health, wealth and happiness in 2011. Elizabeth #57

JoZart said...

I bet you could well mess that up in far less time than it took to tidy it! that was an ace snoop and well done you! Look forward to seeing it all next week, heh heh!
Happy 2011
JoZarty x

Pam said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's amazing you could even open that door! The transformation is amazing and you look ready to start all over again in 2011. Happy New Year ahead and Hauoli makahiki hou from AmberInk, coming in @#1.

oneoff said...

I am almost (not quite, since it's me) stunned into silence. Wow - you must have had a band of tiny elves to assist you on that one, to work such a fantastic transformation in that room. Are you available for consultations? ;-)

Wow again!

Bernie #17

Rachel said...

OK, OK, you've made me think I should go tidy my room. I hate you for that! But your room looked so cool before the tidying! And made me feel nice and normal.

Have a wonderful and creative New Year.
cheers, rachel #15

Serendipity Stamping said...

Oh my goodness I don't know what to say! I just know a whirlwind went through that room and I am so glad you were able to assess and get it all back in order. LOL I think you made my day. #75