The Stamps I Use

Friday, January 28, 2011

January Viva La Verve Week 3

Hi folks,

Here's my card using the Week 3 sketch from the January 2011 Viva la Verve challenges:



I WAS happy with this card until I took a closer look and realized that the two pieces of twill are just slightly different in colour. grrrr. And too late to change it as everything is very well taped down. Oh well. Live and learn. I STARTED out using two pieces from the same larger piece of twill but then I made a booboo stamping the leaf on the bottom piece. So I took out another piece of twill and stamped again....I SHOULD  have redone the top piece as well....grrr. That's what I get for assuming they were the same colour.

The flower is paper-pieced and popped up with dimensionals.

card details:
  • layout: Viva la Verve January Week 3
  • papers: Basic Grey Granola (you can expect to see LOTS of this paper as I bought a 12x12 pad and we all know how long it takes to use those up!)
  • stamps: Verve Great Friend
Other challenges for this card:
  • Do you stack up? Challenge #4: Patterned Paper (I used four different ones from the BG Granola collection)
    ta ta for now! Hope you all have a great weekend!

      6 comments:

      Tanya R said...

      Love the colors and the inked ribbon.
      Fabulous!
      Hugs
      Tanya

      Miranda said...

      lovely card, great DP , nice details, very elegant all together
      thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

      hugs
      Miranda

      WencheP said...

      Beautiful card. Love the colors, the flower and the ribbon.

      Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

      -Wenche

      Peggysue said...

      Oh the trials and tribulations of crafting! i have lots of those 'grrr' moments unfortunately. Super idea of stamping on the twill tho. Love the DPs you used. Its a great card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU. Please join us again next week!

      princesskitten said...

      oh yeah - know the feeling!!

      kittens DYSU team

      Janna said...

      Hello :) Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous patterned paper card with us at DYSU this week! Janna