The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WOYWW - Jan 5th and PWCO SS#63

Hi folks,

It's time for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday! If you don't know what WOYWW is all about, check out Julia's post at the Stamping Ground.




My usual detritus from a creative spurt - stamps not yet put away from the cards I made on Monday (and, I must confess, late last week) but I did put away the stamp I used before taking this picture on Tuesday night.

Regular visitors might notice I now have TWO lamps on my desk - one of which is my new OTT light that my sweetie got me for Christmas. The one with the round dome is a magnifying lamp (the dome opens so you can see through). My new Android tablet is hanging out between the lamps. Theoretically so I DON'T have to bring my laptop to the craft room - still haven't broken that habit though.

Let's see what else - my case of daubers, a sketch I hope to get around to this week but I doubt it since I still have to pack for our cruise - and we leave on Friday!



So would you like to see the card I made before I took this picture of my desk?


Friends of ours had a baby recently and we are hoping to pay them a visit before we leave on Friday so I made this "Welcome Baby" card to go with the baby gift.

Card details:
  • stamped image: Lucas the Lion from PaperWorksCo coloured with Copic Markers (YR12, YR14, YR65)
  • sentiment: Verve Practically Perfect
  • papers: 3Bugs in a Rug Animal Stackers
  • buttons: CTMH Goldrush
  • Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circles (Small and Large)
  • layout: PaperWorksCo Sunday Sketch #63
additional challenges for this card:

    Now, you should pop over to Julia's blog to see who else is playing along this week.

    15 comments:

    butlersabroad said...

    I notice you're not showing us the rest of the room, is it still tidy?? Love the cute card and have a great time on the cruise.

    Hugs
    Brenda 83

    Tanya R said...

    Enjoy your cruise :) Cute card.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    Linby said...

    Cute card and love that little tablet.
    Linbyx #109

    Mrs A. said...

    I have the same lamp. Hubby bought mine for my birthday. I love the magnifing lid. I use it all the time and don't know how I managed without it.

    Scrapcollectr said...

    The stamps can just chill on your desk till after the cruise... Two lamps? Perfect!
    Thanks for visiting me and have a great time!
    #78

    Susan Allan said...

    I like the colours you have used for the baby card...makes a nice change!!
    Sue xx 50

    Elizabeth said...

    Lots to check out on your desk this week. The card is lovely - like the cute animal theme. Bon voyage - hope you enjoy your cruise. Elizabeth #76

    S said...

    Love your cards; especially the masculine ones in the next post. I have such a hard time with those.

    Tertia said...

    Such interesting things on your desk. Love that baby card, very unusual colours.

    Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

    I have one of those lamps like is in the middle of your desk, only mine is black. Ott lights are the best. You have a lot going on to see this week. And a cruise to get ready for is so exciting. Have a grand time. Happy WOYWW on Thursday from #16.

    Serendipity Stamping said...

    Lucky you getting a pressie like the lamp. Have been looking at several, but I have sooo many things I think I want, that I just keep on trying to pick one. Love the baby card. Have a great cruise.

    Marjo said...

    Super cute card. Love all those yummy copics. Thanks for the peek and sharing.

    Hugs, Marjo #23 Happy WOYWW

    lisa said...

    Wow, two lights, how brilliant. That's something I could do with, might have to drop a few hints.
    What a gorgeous card.
    Hugs Lisa (108)

    Isabelle said...

    gorgeous card Sheena! thanks for doing the sketch with us!

    Jane said...

    This is fabulous!! the colours are gorgeous and your colouring is perfect! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx