The Stamps I Use

Friday, February 18, 2011

CPS 205

Hi folk (second post for today, feel free to scroll down to see the previous post),

This is a card I made for a co-worker who has a birthday on Saturday. I'm actually surprised by how quickly I made it - maybe a little over an hour (I'm normally an incredibly slow card-maker).




I actually considered swapping out the head from this image for one of the curly-haired Roll Call boy images as my co-worker has curly instead of straight hair - but I'm not so good with the blending of images so.....I left well enough alone.

I've been threatening/promising for some time now to make him a Mr. Awesome card. He's the youngest member of our team and always goes above and beyond to get the job done - despite being the tired dad of two very young little boys, who does on-call duty 24/7 at least every other week on a VERY busy system. Whenever anyone asks him how he does it all he just says "I'm awesome" with a big grin on his face as he says it.

I hope he has a very good birthday weekend and that, despite being on call, he gets to enjoy it with his family and friends. He really deserves it.


card details:
  • finished size 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • stamped image: The Greeting Farm, coloured with Copic Markers (E11, E02, E000, E00, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9, B95, B97, B99, Y23, Y26, Y28)
  • patterned papers:  Basic Grey Pyrus
  • sentiment: hacked together from the CTMH Solos "A" (awesome), "M", "R"
  • layout: CPS 205 (I rotated the sketch and just used stripey paper for the stripey section of the sketch trying to keep the bling factor to a minimum since it is a guy card after all)
Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

Lea L. said...

Very cute card! Great job with the CPS sketch! ♥♥♥

Latisha said...

wonderful card!

Jacqueline said...

Great masculine Card. I invite you to stop my blog and check out my CPS sketch!