well, there's a return to snow here today so these two cute little Oliver the Penguin cards seem somewhat appropriate, even if they ARE two more cards for NEXT Christmas (less than ten months away now)!
What do you think? A little unconventional on the colour choices for a Christmas card with all the black and red? I like it myself, seeing how Oliver is a black penguin and I tend to like my images and papers to be all matchy-matchy.
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- stamped image: Oliver the Penguin from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps coloured with Copic Markers (R39, R37, R59, C1, C5, C7, C9, YR12, T1)
- sentiments: CTMH Tannebaum set, stamped in CTMH Cranberry ink
- patterned papers: DCWV Holiday Stack
- Black Cardstock: Colorbök
- ribbons, buttons and embroidery floss from my stash
- Spellbinders: Petite Ovals, Petite Scalloped Ovals
- EK Success Scalloped Scallops Border Punch
- layout: Tuesday Morning Sketches #82 (I omitted the embellies along the bottom as I thought my papers were a little too busy to add MORE eye candy and I switched out the circle for an oval as it fit my image/card size a little better)
Challenges for this card:
- Kraftin' Kimmie #67: Scoopy Scallops. Let's see - Spellbinders Scalloped Petite Ovals for the image panels AND my EK Success Scalloped Scallops border punch! I guess that since I DID get all four challenges for February completed I will throw my hat into the ring for the chance at a guest DT spot in April as well. We shall see!
- Raise the Bar #55: Mug Shots (since Oliver is holding his piping hot cup of chocolate!)
- Winter Wonderland: include an animal (well, it goes without saying doesn't it? As a penguin, Oliver definitely counts!)
- Sparkle's Weekly Christmas Card Challenge for 2011: Punches! (I used my EK Success Scalloped Scallops border punch to edge the horizontal strip on the cards)