The Stamps I Use

Sunday, February 13, 2011

PWCO Hearts Challenge

Hi folks (second post for today - feel free to scroll down for the first post! oh and if you are my sweetie - you are not allowed to read THIS post...so skip it in your reader.)


I was honoured this week to be asked be a guest DT over at PaperWorksCo for the current week's challenge - HEARTS!

Just make a card that is either heart shaped or features lots of hearts! If you have a blog or online gallery, just use the linky tool to load up your entry to the challenge post and YOU could be a future guest DT as well. If you don't have a linky tool, then just email your entry to Peggy or Bella (the challenge hostess) over at PaperWorksCo.

Since I consider myself somewhat "challenged" when it comes to making shaped cards (even though I have TWO Cricuts and could easily do a heart shaped card), I decided to go with the option of lots of hearts on my card.

I think it was because right from the beginning I knew EXACTLY which image I wanted to use and EXACTLY what I wanted the card to look like. Honestly, that RARELY happens with me. But, here you go, a Sheena original. NO SKETCH was used!!! That's a rarity for those of you who are familiar with my card posts.



I think I can honestly say that THIS is my favourite Valentine card that I have made this year.

A heart-shaped aperture cut out of the last in a cascade of hearts to highlight the adorable couple in the "Love You Always" image from Rachelle Anne Miller for PaperWorksCo.

I thought it would be a nice way to play off the sentiment I wanted to use (from the CTMH set "In My Heart").

Do you think my sweetie will get it?

Oh, and would you like a peek inside the card to see the full image? Well, here you go (albeit, I realize NOW that it looks a little crooked, I don't think it is IRL but I will have to check).



Here's all the deets!
  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • stamped image: Love You Always by Rachelle Anne Miller for PaperWorksCo, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copic Markers (E47, E57, E59, E55, E00, E34, E31, E30, R37, YR02, Y13, YG17, R20, YG13, B91, B93, B97) 
  • patterned papers: Bo Bunny Crazy Love from the January PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo, edges inked with Memento Rich Cocoa
  • tools: Cuttlebug 3 inch heart die, 2 inch solid heart die from the 2-step heart die set, Spellbinders Squares

Additional challenges for this card:
Hope you are all having a lovely day!

    2 comments:

    Danielle said...

    Too cute Sheena! I love your idea and it has worked a treat! The couple look so cute in the heart aperture and the full image inside is perfect! Your sweetie will love it!
    Hugs, Danielle

    sunghee said...

    such a clever card! Love Love how you put the lovely couples inside the heart frame. WOW~!!!