The Stamps I Use

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Seeing Red with Kraftin' Kimmie

Hi folks (second post for today - feel free to scroll down to see a cute bunny Valentine from PWCO!)

This week's challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie is "Seeing Red" - to make sure there's lots of red on your creation. Oh - and if you play along with each challenge this month at Kraftin' Kimmie, you are eligible to be a guest Krafty Girl for the month of April - just in time for the April Release (the details are in the link to the challenge). You just have to let Kimmie know that you are interested in being considered. I haven't decided yet if I am going to apply - as I don't know if I will have time to play along with all the challenges in February. But I do LOVE the Kraftin' Kimmie stamps so....I may just toss my hat in the ring if I can keep up with this month's challenges.



I went with a multi-hued red background paper from the Bo Bunny Persuasion collection for this card, with another piece with just a splash of a red accent. Of course, I had to have Ricky present Lucy with a bouquet of red flowers to match the red bow in her hair. What do you think? I know the skunks that frequent my backyard are not prone to wearing bows - but they certainly look just as cute as this pair.

The layout is this week's sketch from the Create4Fun Challenge blog - I just rotated it to accommodate the image I was using.

card details:
  • dimensions: 6x6 inches
  • stamped image: Lucy & Ricky from Kraftin' Kimmie, coloured with Copic Markers (E0000, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9, G94, G99, RV34, R29, R39, R59)
  • patterned papers: Bo Bunny Persuasion, edges distressed with Memento Rich Cocoa
  • card stock: CTMH Chocolate
  • brads: from my stash
  • Spellbinders: petite Circles, Classic Rectangles
Anyways, that's the ONE card I managed to make today. Oi...and here I had planned to finish the rest of my mail-out Valentine's today. I guess that is what I'll be doing tomorrow during my crafty play date with Tanya!

ta ta for now - dearly beloved and I are watching "The Prince of Persia" as I write this - both of us with laptops in front of us.....nerd house!

2 comments:

Joan B said...

this is adorable!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Very sweet! Love those little skunks! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!