The Stamps I Use

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sharing a Quilt card I received

Now isn't this pretty?



As both a card-maker and an occasional quilter, this card appeals to me on so many levels. The fact that it has one of my favourite colour combos - the pinks and browns just tops it all off.

This pretty card was gifted to me and my dearly beloved on Valentine's day from Steph - the same crafty peep that wound up getting her finger broken at work on Valentine's day.

I'm envious of the patience she has to cut and then piece all these tiny pieces in this card AND then she did all that faux stitching on top of it. Phew.....I would not have got past the cutting. That being said, I do have lots of lovely quilt block patterns that would be just darling in a set of cards like this. Maybe one day when I am feeling particularly calm I can give this a try!

Thanks so very much Steph for such a pretty card, it made my day.

ps. I am hoping to eventually get around to photographing all the lovely handmade cards we received at Christmas and during the fall of last year and show-casing them here as well. They are all sitting in my craft-room right now, not yet organized (what else is new).

Hope you all have a lovely day!

No comments: