What can I say, the frigid temperatures outside today had me in the mood do my last five cards for February for the SplitCoastStampers 2011 Christmas card challenge. Lucky for me, Sparkle's weekly Christmas Card challenge is posted on Sundays so I had a fresh challenge with which to work.
The challenge this week is a colour challenge - light blue, dark blue, white and silver (technically though, ANY Christmas card will do if you aren't feeling the weekly challenge). I was totally up for the colour challenge though as I do like using blue on my Christmas cards.
So, I pulled out
- some light blue patterned papers from my DCWV Holiday Collection Christmas Stack papers
- dark navy cardstock for the card bases
- silver Robin's Egg dew drops and silvery glittered card stock
- some white cardstock for my sentiment panels
- my Spellbinders Petite Circles
I added the silver snowflake to the last two cards as I thought the papers were a little too plain. The sentiment is from the CTMH set "Wonderful Holiday".
I'm going to file this sketch away to make more cards like this during the Crop for the Cure this year. It's fast and simple and it will be easy to play around with different colour schemes with different pattern papers.
Hope you have had a wonderful crafty weekend! Thanks for stopping by.