The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WOYWW - Feb 16th

Hi folks,

yes I am playing along with What's On Your Workdesk again this Wednesday.....


First up, I am back to taking my card pics in the office -- this is my setup.




A small light tent, two side lights with CFLs and a desk lamp with a halogen light. In my light tent I have a piece of cream coloured fabric as a smooth-ish background so you don't see the seams from the sides of the tent. Oh, and if anyone is wondering, the guitars aren't mine. Those are just a couple of my dearly beloved's guitars - he plays and has "a few" lining the office walls (as well as a few other places).

Next up....my main crafty desk....eep!!!





what can I say? If you are a regular follower of my blog, you know that I have posted a rather large number of cards in the last week or so. And I have not tidied up AT ALL - stamps, paper, spellbinders, my big pink Scotch ATG (ETA - for those that are curious, yes, that is a BIG tape gun - the best!), they are all there.

Down front you see the mess from my crafting session on Tuesday evening. What's up with that? I never craft during the week!

Turns out that broken fingers are running through the significant others at work. That's two now - my other half broke his finger this past summer and just had surgery to fix the badly healed joint and my coworker's girlfriend had her finger broken at work on Valentine's night! So I thought  I would make her a get-well card. She's a crafty peep and that broken finger is probably going to really cut in to her crafting time.

Anyways, this is the card  I made Tuesday night that contributed to the above mess! I'm hoping my coworker has given it to her by the time this post goes up and this is not her first time seeing it!



card details:
  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches
  • stamped image and sentiment: The Greeting Farm Get Well set (which I think might be retired now) by Marina Neira, coloured with Copic Markers (C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, R00, R20, R21, Y17, R29, E30, E31, E33, E34, B000, B00, B01, B02, Colorless Blender)
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey Hopscotch (just got these a couple of weeks ago and LOVE them)
  • Spellbinders: Petite Ovals, Classic Rectangles (notice I did more of the out-of-the-box technique on this card?)
  • ribbon from my stash
  • ribbon slider: CTMH
  • layout: Sketch and Stash Challenge #55
Anyways, thanks for stopping by for WOYWW - be sure to check back at Julia's blog the Stamping Ground for more peeks at other crafty spots!

14 comments:

Blueberry Moonlight said...

The card is so cute.

Lots of creative stuff on your desk so having a good nosey. I'm intrigued - what's the big pink thing? Is that a glue/tape gun?

Blueberry Moonlight said...

Love the little card, it's so cute.

Lots of creative stuff on your desk, I'm intrigued - what's the pink thing? Is it a tape/glue gun?

jude said...

I turly believe Messy is a creative desk.Just love the card youve made image is cute!As for the gun totaly agree best there is wouldnt be without mine!Happy Wedensday
hugs judex22

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute card Sheena and thanks for sharing your picture taken equipment and the craft desk. To be honest with you, my desk is almost a war zone every single day. I have 3 pair of scissors, but often I can't find any one of them as they often got buried from the mess I made all over the desk, lol
Hugs,
Cabio

Jovita said...

Oh I just your guitars you have hanging. What a fun creative space, the card is adorable.

kelly said...

Boy your friends are having an unlucky time with those injurys! Love the card its fab! Your desk looks a bit like mine but atleast it is a creative mess :) happy crafting

Shazsilverwolf said...

The card is gorgeous, and I love the workspace! Shaz #131

Sue said...

really lovely card and such an adorable image

Thank you for joining us at sketch n stash

sue
xx

okienurse said...

Beautiful cards! I love your very crafty and creative desk. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #30

Sam said...

Lovely cards! That wedding one is gorgeous! Thanks for leaving me a comment.

Sam aka Hettie #145

Vicky said...

Just adorable hun and such a cute image :o)

thank you for joining us at sketch n stash and good luck!!

hugs Vicky xx

Nicky said...

Wow thats a lot of stuff on your desk glad you could find space to make your get well card its lovely ~ Nicky no.6

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh it looks pretty good to me, you still have working area and your piles and so high!! You've posted some gorgeous cards - you have a perfect right to an untidy desk!!

Rumtruffle said...

Popping by from WOYWW. That is a great card, I have been working on baby cards myself this week.
Wishing you a lovely crafty week ahead.
Helen x