The Stamps I Use

Friday, March 18, 2011

Abby Gets Fresh in the Garden

Hi folks,

so I pulled out another of the images from the first release of the "A Day in the Life of Abigail C" collection from PaperWorksCo to make another of this year's Easter cards (I have a long list again - just like Valentine's day).



And, SURPRISE, I coloured her with my BG series of Copics! I adore this image - it reminds me of when I was little and my grandfather would let me raid his veggie garden for a fresh carrot for a snack. He would let me pull out whichever one I wanted, wash it under the garden hose for me and then I would sit on the little fence around the garden and contentedly eat my carrot....and then ask for another......and another.....until he said that was enough. yummy.


Anyways, here's the deets on the card:
  • finished size: 4.25 x 4.25 inches
  • stamped image: "Garden Fresh" from PaperWorksCo, coloured with Copic Markers (E13, E15, E19, E000, E00, E93, YG17, YR16, YR18, BG49, BG45, BG18, BG15, BG13, BG11, E08, C3). I also sponged some Memento Rich Cocoa ink to simulate the earth in the veggie garden.
  • sentiment: CTMH Seasonal Celebrations
  • patterned papers: Echo Park Paper Co "Little Girl"
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
  • paper roses from my stash
  • layout: Card Patterns Sketch 106 (I omitted the little strip in the lower right corner as I didn't want to obscure the carrot patch in my image)

Hope you all have a lovely day - the weekend will be starting early for me today. Dearly beloved is getting the pin removed from his "frankenfinger" today and, since we commute to work together, I'll be leaving work early to pick him up and drive him to and from his appointment.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Tanya R said...

This is adorable. Love the colors.
Hugs
Tanya

Alice Wertz said...

adorable!!! wonderful coloring, too! lovely card!

RiNNE said...

Awww, what a sweet memory! Thanks for sharing it. Your card is lovely -- BG is the perfect color combo w/ that carrot! Good-luck w/ your DH's procedure!