The Stamps I Use

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate?

Hi folks (second post for today - feel free to scroll down for the previous post),

I got crafty this afternoon and coloured up a few images to use on my Easter cards. One of the images I coloured up was the digi image Easter Egg Cocoa from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I actually down-loaded four new (to me) Cocoa Mouse digis so you will be seeing them pop up on the blogarooni over the next little while.

I could not decide if Cocoa should be popping out of a dark chocolate Easter Egg or a white chocolate Easter Egg, so I did both! Personally, I don't like white chocolate. I like a nice dark chocolate, about 85% or so is my fave. Dearly beloved actually likes 99% chocolate - blech. It's like eating a spoonful of cocoa.

Here's the first - with a white chocolate egg, using somewhat more traditional Easter colours for the patterned papers.


And here's the second, with a dark chocolate egg, with more boyish colours for the card.


I figure the white egg card will go to one of our nieces and the dark chocolate egg can go to one of our nephews or to grown-ups.

card details:
  • finished size: 5.25 x 5.25 inches
  • digi image: Easter Egg Cocoa from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, coloured with Copic Markers (Mouse - W1, W3, W5, R81, R83. White Egg - E50, E51, E53, YG17, V04, V06, V09. Brown Egg - E55, E57, E59, YG11, YG13, YG17)
  • sentiment: CTMH Seasonal Celebrations
  • patterned papers: Cosmo Cricket Pixielicious
  • EK Success Scalloped Scallops Border Punch
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles, Classic Squares
  • flowers from my stash
  • buttons: CTMH
  • layout: Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #100 with a "sweet" spin. I think my chocolate Easter egg counts as something sweet. Don't you?

Anyways, I'll be back over the next few days with more cards using the images I coloured up today. And tomorrow I will likely have my weekly Christmas card post - once I see what the challenge is over at Sparkle's Christmas card challenge blog!

Hope you are all having a lovely crafty weekend - or that you are outside enjoying some spring-like weather.

7 comments:

Korin said...

Eeeek :)....these are soooo cute :)!! So thrilled you played along with us!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh cute! I really like the white chocolate one ;) Only because I'm not really a chocolate fan...lol! Love the fun colours you used too!

RiNNE said...

I wish I liked dark chocolate more since it's healthier but I'm a milk chocolate/ white chocolate kind of girl :). Your cards are lovely and wonderfully colored! TFS!

Habsgirl22 said...

Very cute cards!!

Mrs Ham said...

Your cards are just too cute. I really like the chocolate brown.

Creative Mish said...

Very cute.. I like both the chocolates!

Tanya R said...

Dark chocolate and white chocolate. Love them both, as I do both of your sweet cards.
Hugs
Tanya