well today is my dearly beloved's birthday and this is the card I made for him (I must confess that I made it just this morning).
I know. You're thinking "Birthday card?" this doesn't have birthday on it anywhere! Well, truth be told his birthday cards tend to be more "romantically" themed than birthday themed most of the time. And they tend to use somewhat less traditional materials. Once again, I have made him a transparent card (using report cover weight acetate I get at the office supply store - transparencies are too thin) with metal (this time some wire mesh). I swear I have used this stamp on a card for him sometime in the past but...what can I say, I like the sentiment and he's the only one I can use it for so.....
The front of the card is actually just the transparent layer, the mesh, the horizontal strip and the round sentiment panel. It looks like there is a black layer but that is actually from inside the card (which has the same pattern as the front but with a black panel replacing the mesh)
anyways, here's the deets:
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- wire craft mesh (from the dollar store)
- stamps: Verve
- Copic Markers: R39, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 (if you look closely, you will see that the grey colour in the row of hearts is graduated from dark to light as you go from left to right)
- layout: Corrosive Challenge 107
- Paper Sundaes #60: Keep it simple (hardly any colouring on this one for me, no patterned papers and an uncomplicated layout)