The Stamps I Use

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie

Hi folks,

well today is my dearly beloved's birthday and this is the card I made for him (I must confess that I made it just this morning).



I know. You're thinking "Birthday card?" this doesn't have birthday on it anywhere! Well, truth be told  his birthday cards tend to be more "romantically" themed than birthday themed most of the time. And they tend to use somewhat less traditional materials. Once again, I have made him a transparent card (using report cover weight acetate I get at the office supply store - transparencies are too thin) with metal (this time some wire mesh). I swear I have used this stamp on a card for him sometime in the past but...what can I say, I like the sentiment and he's the only one I can use it for so.....

The front of the card is actually just the transparent layer, the mesh, the horizontal strip and the round sentiment panel. It looks like there is a black layer but that is actually from inside the card (which has the same pattern as the front but with a black panel replacing the mesh)

anyways, here's the deets:
  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • wire craft mesh (from the dollar store)
  • stamps: Verve 
  • Copic Markers: R39, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5 (if you look closely, you will see that the grey colour in the row of hearts is graduated from dark to light as you go from left to right)
  • layout: Corrosive Challenge 107
Additional challenges for this card:
  • Paper Sundaes #60: Keep it simple (hardly any colouring on this one for me, no patterned papers and an uncomplicated layout)
 Hope you all have a lovely day!

6 comments:

Regan said...

Sweet birthday card for you DH! I'm sure he will adore it! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

RiNNE said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! What a lovely card you've made for him-- the sentiment is perfect! And thanks for the tip on a new stamping technique!!!

Fiona said...

awe...that is beautiful and a fab sentiment!! Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Tanya R said...

This is a wonderful card. The sentiment says it all, and the clean lines are just fab.
Hugs
Tanya

Mary said...

Great card and I love the metal used - a definite masculine touch. Thanks for playing along with Corrosive!

Sarah said...

Hi, I just found you through Corrosive Challenges and I just wanted to say I love your idea of using mesh. Great idea for a guy card. Beautiful card.