The Stamps I Use

Friday, March 4, 2011

March Viva La Verve - Week 1

Hi folks,

As a reward for FINALLY tackling the accumulated ironing yesterday morning (4.5 hours spent ironing by the way as I decided to take a couple of days off from work this week), I let myself have a couple of hours in the craft room as a reward (new incentive for me to do the house-hold chores - I can only play if I first do something on my household chore list).

As I needed to make a sympathy card for a friend who just lost her Dad, I pulled out the March Week 1 Viva La Verve Sketch for some inspiration.



I actually liked the combo of the sketch and papers I chose (CTMH Veranda) so much that I made two cards - the sympathy card for our friend and an anniversary card for my Aunt and Uncle.




I thought of paper-piecing the flowers with a contrasting colour (maybe with the Juniper or Creme Brulee coloured papers from the paper-pack but I thought the softer coloured paper from the sentiment panel was actually a better fit on the cards. One thing I do like about using patterned paper with large patterns, you can use the same sheet of paper for multiple cards but they will actually look a little different. The panels on the two cards above were cut from the same 4x12 section of the paper but have a different part of the pattern.


card details:
  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • patterned paper: CTMH Veranda
  • cardstock: Colorbök
  • stamps: Verve Kind Words (thinking of you), Verve Love Story (anniversary wishes and doves), Verve Great Friend (paper pieced flower layers)
  • Spellbinders: Labels Seven (thinking of you), Labels Seventeen (anniversary wishes)
  • brads from my stash
Additional challenges for these cards:
    Anyways, I am itching to get back into the craft room today but first I need to tackle more items on my house-hold task list. I still haven't figured out how my little reward system will work - should the amount of time spent doing the house-hold task be directly translated to craft-room time? Or should one task = one card? I think it might have to be a mix of the two - since the time to do a task versus a card is often unequal. AND I can sometimes do a house-hold task while in the craft room (i.e. laundry!).

    hmmmmm.....what can I say, I am trying to be a better house-keeper and if this system works for me, then that's a good thing.

    have a great day! Off to drop these in the post.....

    3 comments:

    Tanya R said...

    WOW, these are just so stunning! The papers, the colors, and that flower. These have got to be chosen as winners.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    RiNNE said...

    What an amazing card!!! Oh how I've missed you ladies!! I just adore the elements and especially the flower you used!! You have been quite productive over these past few months! Dunno if I'd ever get to catch up on the 50+ posts I've missed :-/

    Marcea said...

    stunning work. Thankyou so much for joining us on PTW
    -x-