The Stamps I Use

Saturday, March 5, 2011

March Viva La Verve - Week 2

Hi folks,

well, all I have to say is that my strategy of rewarding myself with craft time only if I put in some housework time first is apparently going to have to work on a "banking the time" system. With the household chores I tackled yesterday (vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and windows, a quick grocery run and then preparing dinner for the D&D crowd and tidying up AFTER dinner was finished), I was too POOPED to even think about walking upstairs to craft. So, I promised myself some guilt-free crafting today and tomorrow.

First up, I tackled the Week 2 Sketch for the March Viva La Verve Challenge



I decided to make two card using this sketch - one with the sketch as is and the other with it rotated and mirrored.

Here's the first one, keeping the original layout.


And here's the second,



Honestly, I love the look of these two cards. Yesterday, I did actually go to the craft room earlier in the day (before the dinner) and tried to work on this sketch but I just wasn't feeling it with the papers I originally had pulled out of my stash (something lighter, more spring-like and with a white paper doily for the circle - I REALLY wanted to do the doily thing).

But this morning, after some sleep, I pulled out these papers and everything just fell together (okay - I'll admit at first that I thought of doing something Christmas-y with a snowflake die or spellbinders pendant for the circle part. But, I wasn't feeling that either).

Card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • patterned papers: CTMH Silhouette (I believe this is now retired and I have very little of it left)
  • card stock: CTMH Colonial White, Bamboo. Black cardstock from my stash.
  • stamps: Verve Beautiful You
  • black twill tape and brads from my stash
Additional challenges for this card:
My second crafty treat for the day was attending a Copic Marker Workshop at ArtMad taught by the wonderfully talented Danielle. I learned some lovely new colour combinations for hair and picked up a few tips for colouring skin as well. Thanks Danielle!

Well, that's it for me for today. I'm planning on getting crafty tomorrow - Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge gets posted on Sunday's so I usually try to commit to doing my weekly Christmas cards on Sunday mornings. So far I have MOSTLY kept that promise. I may even squeeze in some Easter image colouring/card-making as well.

Hope you are all finding the time to get crafty this weekend.

2 comments:

RiNNE said...

Such regal looking cards! What productive days! G-luck w/ the Christmas card challenge. I probably should do it too!

Danielle said...

These are gorgeous cards Sheena! So glad you had fun today (even tho' those teens were a little on the noisy side!!)
Hugs, Danielle