The Stamps I Use

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Pixie Cottage Easter Card

Hi folks,

back with my second post for today so feel free to scroll down to see the earlier post (my weekly Christmas Card post).

I finally decided on the papers to go with the other image I coloured up at Tanya's yesterday and this is end result.



This Easter card will be going to one of our nephews. I think it's pretty cute, without being too girlie or too childish.Those chicks have just the right amount of goofy in their expressions to appeal to our older nephew.

Card details
  • finished size 5.5 x 5.5 inches
  • stamped image: Chickadee-da-dum by Artish for The Pixie Cottage Stamps Coloured with Copic Markers (Y11, Y13, Y15, YR18, YR23, E41, E41, B000, B00, B01, B02, B04, B05, B06). The centre chick was coloured a second time, cut out and popped up on dimensionals.
  • patterned papers: Echo Park Sweet Summer Time
  • Spellbinders Petite Circles
  • Layout: The Pixie Cottage #62 sketch  There's also an added element of "and/or sparkle" if you wish but since this card is intended for one of the nephews, I figured I would skip the sparkle. By the way, if you play along with the challenge and link up with GDT after you name, you  might get asked to be a guest DT for the Pixie Cottage!
hmmm, I just looked at the clock and realized what time it is. Hmmm...wonder if I can squeeze in a little more crafting before making dinner?


Hope you all had a lovely weekend! The coming week is a short one for me! I'm taking at least three days off work this week so there will hopefully be lots of crafty time ahead!

6 comments:

Carla aka scrappypug said...

How adorable! I LOVE the colors you used and the image is colored beautifully!

sunghee said...

this is so cute! definitely putting smile on my face.

Sadilla said...

wow very pretty lovely card!!
thanks for sharing at the pixie cottage
hugs
Sadia

Adrina said...

This is very cute and I love the bright colors.
You colored Artish image so beautiful.
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

Tanya R said...

Love the bright and bold colors! Adding the orange fiber to the buttons was a great idea too. It was great having you play with The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

Very cute! Love the combo of colors! The argyle paper is my favorite ;).