well it is beginning to look more and more like Sunday mornings are when I make my Christmas Cards for the coming year - probably, in part, because that is when Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge for the week gets posted. Challenge #14 is a lovely sketch (and you know I love a good sketch!)
Once again, I made two cards. When I showed them to my other half, his comment was "Wow - that's a bit different for you. Simpler - very clean. I like!" and I have to agree. Instead of layering another patterned paper on my card base, I kept it simple with just the kraft card stock.
First up: Caroling Josh
And next, Holiday Emily!
I made them both blond even though I don't know to whom the cards will be gifted (we have lots of blond nieces and nephews). I figure if I want to change the hair-colour, blond is easy to switch to a brunette or a red-head, maybe even black hair!
Anyways, here are the details:
- finished card size: 6x6 inches
- patterned papers: Basic Grey Jovial
- cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, Recollections Black, Prism Simply Smooth (now Bazzill)
- stamped images: Caroling Josh and Holiday Emily from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps
- sentiment: CTMH Seasonal Celebration (D1112)
- Spellbinders: Petite Circles
- Copic Colours for Josh (E50, E42, E43, E000, E00, E93, Y19, Y17, Y28, Y26, YG17, YG63, YG67, R27, E35, E34, E41, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9)
- Copic Colours for Emily (E30, E31, E55, E000, E00, E93, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, YR14, E19, R24, R27, R29, YG17, YG67).
- Sakura Gelly Roll "Clear Star" was used to add a bit of sparkle to Emily's shoes and dress trims. After I took the photo of the Josh card I also added a bit of sparkle to the musical notes.
I'm now up to 28 Christmas cards for my 2011 Christmas Card stash - thanks to Sparkle's weekly Christmas Card Challenge!
Additional challenges for these cards:
- Paper Sundaes Challenge #59: Stripes. My Emily card fits this challenge - with the striped paper, her striped leggings and the candy cane!
Hope you are all having a great weekend!