The Stamps I Use

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge #14

Hi folks,

well it is beginning to look more and more like Sunday mornings are when I make my Christmas Cards for the coming year - probably, in part, because that is when Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge for the week gets posted. Challenge #14 is a lovely sketch (and you know I love a good sketch!)


Once again, I made two cards. When I showed them to my other half, his comment was "Wow - that's a bit different for you. Simpler - very clean. I like!" and I have to agree. Instead of layering another patterned paper on my card base, I kept it simple with just the kraft card stock.



First up: Caroling Josh



And next, Holiday Emily!





I made them both blond even though I don't know to whom the cards will be gifted (we have lots of blond nieces and nephews). I figure if I want to change the hair-colour, blond is easy to switch to a brunette or a red-head, maybe even black hair!

Anyways, here are the details:
  • finished card size: 6x6 inches
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey Jovial
  • cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, Recollections Black, Prism Simply Smooth (now Bazzill)
  • stamped images: Caroling Josh and Holiday Emily from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps
  • sentiment: CTMH Seasonal Celebration (D1112)
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
  • Copic Colours for Josh (E50, E42, E43, E000, E00, E93, Y19, Y17, Y28, Y26, YG17, YG63, YG67, R27, E35, E34, E41, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9)
  • Copic Colours for Emily (E30, E31, E55, E000, E00, E93, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, YR14, E19, R24, R27, R29, YG17, YG67). 
  • Sakura Gelly Roll "Clear Star" was used to add a bit of sparkle to Emily's shoes and dress trims. After I took the photo of the Josh card I also added a bit of sparkle to the musical notes.

I'm now up to 28 Christmas cards for my 2011 Christmas Card stash - thanks to Sparkle's weekly Christmas Card Challenge!

Additional challenges for these cards:
Anyways, I'm in the craft room, thinking I may work on an Easter card or two.....I think I've done enough household chores the last few days to warrant some more crafty time!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I like too!! The clean and simple lines are awesome on these cards Sheena ... and super cute images to boot!!
Hugs, Danielle

StephC said...

Lovely as always!

Shana said...

Love the clean and simple look! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

Shana said...

Love the clean and simple look! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!