The Stamps I Use

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sticking with the Sunday Routine

Hi all....it seems I have become quite used to my "Sunday Routine" of playing along with Sparkle's Weekly Christmas Card challenge. So much so that, when I got up this morning and saw that the post was not yet up on the challenge blog, I checked out all the DT blogs to see if any of them had their post up yet! My stalking paid off as Shaela had her post up already! So challenge #17 is a tough one for me - no stamping (as I write this the post still is not up on the challenge blog so I hope it is okay for me to link these cards up when the challenge goes live). Had to give this one some thought while I started the rest of my Sunday morning routine (shower, starting laundry, groceries, making breakfast....continuing laundry) before heading up to the craft room.

Lucky for me, in my "box of Christmas stuff" I had some really old Christmas stickers from Karen Foster Designs. I pulled out last week's Card Positioning Systems Sketch (#210) and used it for the layout as it fit the big Christmas Tree tag sticker just perfectly.

As usual, I made two cards - bringing my total for this year to 36 Christmas cards already made! These two are actually being counted for my April CCC11 cards over at SCS as I have already finished up my March CCC11 cards with the four I did last week.




card details:
  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • Karen Foster Designs "Stitched Christmas" Christmas Tree tag sticker (and no, I did NOT do the stitching - it's just the pattern on the sticker)
  • patterned papers: DCWV Holiday Collection "The Christmas Stack"
Additional challenges for this card:

Hope you all have a lovely day! Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Very Christmassy!

Thanks for joining our "Christmas in Spring" challenge at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

SmilynStef said...

Love that awesome holiday tree ... so perfect for the sketch ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous pair of holiday trees and a brilliant take on the sketch. i'm totally loving the combination of festive patterned papers, as well! so happy you've joined us at JINGLE BELLES!!! ♥

cardcrazy said...

I love the trees, such a great pair of cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!

RiNNE said...

36 Christmas cards?? Wow!!! Great job! Cool tree stickers - I made a card today using just stickers too!

Lisa said...

Love that tree and the papers you used are fantastic. I love plaid!

Linda B said...

I LOVE the plaid paper... plaid just looks so "old time" Christmas to me. Beautiful cards!
Have a Happy Day!

Steph said...

Love the tartan paper! Can't believe you've made so many cards already! I thought I was doing well with 3!!

marilynprestonn said...

What a lovely tree! Great stitching and love the little panels too.

Thank you for joining the Crafty creations challenge. Come again!

Kelly Green said...

This is so elegant! I think I wouldve had a panick attack thinking about not stamping on a card!! You did a great job!

Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter! Hope to see you again soon :)

~Kelly

lisa said...

Adorable cards. Sure to make a holiday special for someone.

Rosemary said...

I really like the warm rich colors and your design for this card, it is festive and so happy!

Lisa V. said...

Fun card! I love the warm colors and the cozy feel of this card.

Shaela said...

These are darling! Sorry the linky wasn't up for you - I'm so glad you played along with the Christmas Card Challenge this week still!