The Stamps I Use

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Swinging into Spring

Hi folks! (second post for today - feel free to scroll down to see a couple of new Christmas Cards!)

It's kind of ironic that I sat down to make this card AFTER we had a significant snowfall - it was my crafty time reward for doing a little snow-clearing (this time I allowed dearly beloved to fire up the snow-blower).

I used this week's Sunday Sketch (#72) from PaperWorksCo for the layout.



And here's the card!



Isn't this cute? Does it remind you of YOUR childhood - swinging on the park swing until you could almost touch the sky?

card details:
  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches
  • stamped image: Spring Swing from the "A Day in the Life of Abigail C." collection from PaperWorksCo., coloured with Copic Markers (E31, E33, E34, E35, E37, E000, E00, E93, V04, V06, V12, G14, YG13, YG17, Y11, Y13, Y17)
  • sentiment: CTMH Seasonal Celebration (D1112)
  • Patterned Paper: Echo Park "Little Girl"
  • Spellbinders: Lacey Squares
  • CTMH Sweet Leaf Buttons from my stash
Additional challenges for this card:
Hope you have all had a lovely weekend! See you again soon!

7 comments:

RiNNE said...

Definitely reminds me of my childhood! :). Very pretty, love how you've colored her!

Isabelle said...

Gorgeous! Love the purple. Tks for playing with our sketch!!!

Deb said...

beautiful card, very sweet image, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Jenny said...

So pretty! I just love the purple :) I can't wait to play with my Abigail stamps too!

Fiona said...

pretty card and fab layout!! Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Tanya R said...

Gorgeous card Sheena, love the purple border peeking out behind Abigail on her swing. I am loving this color scheme, and it screams Spring. Hope to see you enter it into The Pixie Cottage challenge this week, the theme is Spring!
Hugs
Tanya

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty purple color scheme on this cute card Sheena. You did a great job on this sketch :o)
Hugs,
Cabio