The Stamps I Use

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My projects from Tanya's Class

Hi folks,

Just thought I would share the projects we made yesterday at the Pixie Cottage card class led by Tanya at Heather's Stamping Haven. If you follow Tanya's or Heather's blogs, then you have seen Tanya's sample cards already.

This is the first card we made, using the "Big Valentine" image. Copics used were C2, C4, RV11, RV13, YG91, E30, E33 + colorless blender.



The second card, using "Cuddly Cute" . Copics used were E13, E15, E51. Can you believe it? Only three colors! I love this little bear - his posture reminds me of our youngest cat. Even my other half said the same thing when I showed him the card!


And a bonus project - a bookmark to go with the first card we made.



I must say, I enjoyed the class quite a bit and picked up a few tips. We coloured the backgrounds for the images with lighter shades of Copics and then used some terry toweling spritzed with copic colorless blender solution to give a nice sky effect. We also added dimension to the hearts on the "Big Valentine" image with PrismaColor pencils. The grass effect below the elephant was really easy to achieve - one colour (YG91) and then we used the chisel tip of our colorless blender pens to get a notched grass look.  Definitely tips I will be using again.

Anyways, it is back to work for me again tomorrow. It's going to be rough - after having five days off and just doing whatever I want, whenever I want. Sigh.

3 comments:

sunghee said...

beautiful!!! and of course, the coloring is wonderful!

RiNNE said...

Oh wow wow wow! Fabulous cards! I really love their designs and your coloring is wonderful!!!

Tanya R said...

I LOVE your coloring! The bookmark turned out so well. I love the grass effect. Beautiful work Sheena.
Hugs
Tanya