The Stamps I Use

Friday, April 1, 2011

New to Me for FFF

Hi folks,

So I'm into Day Three of my time off  and just want to say thanks to everyone for your birthday wishes the last couple of days. I'm organizing a bunch of my favourite products for a little birthday blog candy and am just waiting on a few things to arrive in the post. Keep your eyes peeled on the blog-arooni as I will likely be putting up the post sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Anyways, today I was a bit more keen with getting on the go and was able to get to my craft room by late morning for some crafty-time after getting all my households chores out of the way. I stamped up a bunch of my "new-to-me" Greeting Farm images (I  just got them earlier in March and finally got around to trimming them two weeks ago)  for the first challenge over at the newly re-launched TGF Farm Fresh Challenge Blog - Miss Anya Hats Off (three of each of the three girls) and Cheeky Shooter (two of her). I managed to get the skin and hair coloured on all of them. I then chose two of them to make a couple of cards using this week's Pixie Cottage Sketch Challenge (#63).



This first card will be given to one of dearly beloved's nieces tomorrow for her birthday - I can't believe she is going to be 7! That's why I added the strip of numbers on the side with the arrow pointing to the 7.




Since Challenge 11 over at Crafter's Companion is to use Aqua and Brown on your card, I'll be submitting the first card to that challenge.

Not sure yet to whom this second card will be gifted. For now it will be in my stash.



I went with a little additional pop of colour on this one by using the pink side of one of the patterned papers above - which are from the "Life is Good" collection from Echo Park Paper Co.

And what do you think of my little embellie? I did a rolled paper flower from the patterned paper for a little something different - mind you it makes for a VERY THICK CARD! Definitely a gift by hand and not by post kind of card since it makes the card more than half an inch thick and the flower would be crushed by the mail sorting machines.

I'll be submitting this second card to the CCEE1113 challenge:  no BUTTONS, BUCKLES, BOWS, BRADS.


additional card details:
  • finished size: 6x6 inches
  • stamped images: Miss Anya Hats Off from The Greeting Farm, coloured with Copic Markers (skin: E000, E00, E01, E93; hair: E34, E47, E57; outfit: BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, E74, E77, E79)
  • sentiment: Verve Birthday Bash
  • card base: CTMH Chocolate cardstock
  • patterned papers: Echo Park Paper Co "Life is Good", inked the edges with Memento Rich Cocoa
  • spellbinders: Petite Circles, Petite Ovals
Anyways, I'm not done crafting for tonight - I have a few more early April birthday cards that need making and tomorrow I won't be able to work on them as I am taking Tanya's Pixie Cottage Class at Heather's Stamping Haven. Looking forward to that for sure!

Thanks for stopping! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

11 comments:

RiNNE said...

Happy birthday!! Lovely cards and colors! Have fun at Tanya's class!

Sadilla said...

cute card, and the rose in the corner is very beautiful!
thanks for sharing at the pixie cottage
hugs
Sadia

Adrina said...

Two lovely cards!! I like the colors.
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

Paula said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at the crafters companion challenge blog!!!

Paula. x

http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Great card!
Thanks for stitching with us in The Pixie Cottage :)

Tanya R said...

LOVE the flowers, so inventive! You followed the sketch to perfection too. Thanks for playing along with The Pixie Cottage too.

Hugs
Tanya

Davi said...

A very sweet card...the colors are so pretty and that is a lovely flower!! thanks for sharing with us at The Pixie Cottage this week.

Hazel said...

Love them both. Hazel x

Craftetter said...

Some young girl is going to love her card. Both are really nice.
Elaine

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A smashing card - thanks for joining the CC Monthly Challenge.

Wendy -x-

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty cards, love the cute images. Thanks for playing along at Crafter’s Companion. Hope to see you back next month. Marianne x