I sat down to play this afternoon - did not work on any "have to make" cards but did an "I want to make card".
Simply Betty Stamps has a nice little challenge over on their Facebook page - you can read the details over on the blog post here. Basically, post a card with a Simply Betty image over on their Facebook wall and Betty will send you one of the new digis about to be released. Pretty cool for anyone who is already a fan!
Since I already had this image of Christian coloured up and sitting in my basket of pre-coloured images, I thought I would go with it and see what I could come up with.
What do you think? I used this week's Unscripted Sketches #102 for the layout and I even did the piggyback challenge to use something recycled! Can you guess what it is? That swirly "wire" behind Christian is actually a guitar string. Whenever dearly beloved changes the strings on his guitars (he has half a dozen or so of them), I always snag them with plans to put them to use on my cards.
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- stamped image: Christian from Simply Betty Stamps, stamped with Memento Tuxedo black on Prism Simply Smooth. Coloured with Copic Markers (E00, E000, E25, YG63, YG67, G21, E35, E37, E39, C1, C3, C5, C7, T2, YR04, YR02)
- patterned papers: CTMH You Rock
- CTMH Textured Outdoor Denim and Goldrush cardstock, Outdoor Denim Brads.
- sentiment: The Greeting Farm Creepin' 8.5 x 11 Set
- Copic Creations: Challenge 48: favourite paper. I pretty much always use Prism Simply Smooth (now owned by Bazzil) but I just picked up some Copic X-Press so we shall see if I switch.