The Stamps I Use

Friday, April 8, 2011

Spooky Birthday in April?

Hi folks,

Now this card might seem a little odd to some of you for this time of year, especially since it is for a five year old girl, but there is a story behind it.



Friends of ours were planning a "Harry Potter" themed birthday party for their daughter as she turned five this week. Unfortunately, she came down with chicken pox a few days before so the party had to be post-poned. But this is the card I made for her - and was gifted to her on her birthday along with her prezzie. I figured if she is at home sick, she can still get to play with her presents.

I came across this "Spooky Birthday" digi at TiddlyInks and thought it could work for her birthday card, given the theme. I went with the Gryffindor scarlet/garnet colour for the robe so that the card would not look too hallowe'en-y (what with the witch image and all). I know, I know, the Gryffindor robes are not this colour (they are black with this colour trim) but the card is for a little girl and it's a birthday card - not hallowe'en. I also could have put more of the Gryffindor colours into the card - scarlet/garnet with the gold. But....I wanted to keep the card girlie and light. So ... there you have it. A bit unconventional but.....I like. I like to think that it is Hermione or one of the other Gryffindor girls bringing a prezzie and some cake.

card details:
additional challenges for this card:

By the way.....here are the deets on the Tiddly Inks Bunny Hop



"Tiddly Inks is having a special "Refer Your Friends" challenge so I am inviting you to become a new or returning friend to the Tiddly Inks challenge blog. We both have a chance to win images, but more important, it will be a fun experience to see inspirational cards and meet new blogging friends.  If you decide to join in the challenge, please post the note below on your blog entry and in the Tiddly Inks comment section after you add your card to their challenge:

"I was referred to Tiddly Inks by [put in MY name and blog address]"
for example
"I was referred to Tiddly Inks by Sheena B of http://kanatanewfpapercrafts.blogspot.com"

Visit the Tiddly Inks challenge to see all the details."

Hope you all have a great day!

14 comments:

RiNNE said...

I heart unconventional cards! And Harry Potter!!! What a cool card! I'm sure she'll love it, wrong colors and all! ;)

AN said...

Hieno kortti-Harry Potter on kyllä tuttu täällä pohjolassakin!
Kiitos osallistumisesta ICS-haasteeseen tällä viikolla
Onnea arvontaan!
Kaunista ja ihanaa viikonloppua sinulle!

Nicola said...

What a great card for your friends daughters Harry Potter birthday. Love it. Many thanks for playing along at ICS this week. Nicola xx

CraftyMomOf2 said...

This is simply adorable!! Perfect for a 5 year old HP fan!! Thanks SO much for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks!!

Hope to see you again for the next challenge!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh I think your idea was brilliant for a Harry Potter themed birthday and I'll bet she just LOVES it! I sure do! Thanks for joining our challenge and I hope your friends use you as a referral. xxD

Tanya R said...

Oh this is Bewitching! I know, I am horrible with the puns. Again, I am envious with how well you use reds!
Hugs
Tanya

Loopylou. said...

oh oh oh!! i love this card!! what a fab idea! thank you for sharing it with us over on tiddly inks this week hugs Lou xxx

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Awww, well, that is a great reason to have a witchy April card. :) Super cute and I hope she had a great birthday. :)

mforquer said...

OH my - I love this!!! What a fabulous idea - your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!
hugs,
M

Marlena Peduzzi said...

What a great idea to use this image for a harry Potter themed birthday! Your card is just fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Jill said...

What a fun card - really love your witch! Thanks for joining in at ICS this week. Jill GDT

Susie Little said...

Beutiful, I love the image and the sentiment too. Thank you for playing at ICS.

Susie xx

Larissa said...

Awesome birthday card! I hope the little birthday girl will feel better soon!
Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week. I hope to see you again next week!

Hugs,
Larissa

femke said...

adorable!!! thank you for joining tiddly inks.

greetings femke