The Stamps I Use

Friday, April 8, 2011

A visit from the tooth fairy

Hi folks,

So one of my nieces has to pay a visit to a dental surgeon - due to the fact that she refuses to see the local dentist. I had mixed feelings about making a card for her - given that it's kind of rewarding bad behaviour. But, I'm hoping that she will think twice about visiting the local dentist after having to go through whatever is in store for her on this visit.

But, I made a card anyways.....




I think it is pretty darn cute actually.

card details:
  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • stamps: Pink Cat Studio, Fairy Friends, coloured with Copic Markers (E93, R83, C0, C1, C2, C3, R85, R81, R00)
  • patterned paper: Echo Park Paper Co "Little Girl"
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
  • Ribbon, button and flax from my stash
  • EK Success Scalloped Scallops border punch
  • Layout: Card Patterns Sketch 109
Additional challenges for this card:
I've a busy weekend ahead - I hope to squeeze in some card-making as I still have not yet made this week's Christmas cards.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

this is so adorable!! lovely card!

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

I think it's pretty darn cute too! Love the teal and the pink. My eldest had to go through dental surgery at 3 (long story) but now he's braver every time we go visit the dentist!
So glad you can play along with us at Card Patterns Sheena!

RiNNE said...

So very cute!! So thoughtful of you!

~amy~ said...

it's stinkin' a-dorable! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

whoistracy said...

What a sweet card! Hope your niece turns her tooth "act" around after her visit to the surgeon, that can't be fun. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!

sunghee said...

teeheehee. so nice of your! this is sooo cute! I had a tooth extraction last week and I'm still in pain. I need a card like this, too. hehe.

Tanya R said...

This is just so adorable! And very nice of you. Jayme almost had to do the same thing, but we worked at it, and she got the work done. The dentist is still not on her favorite places to go list, sigh.
I love the way you did the ribbon, and the blue button in the center is awesome.
Hugs
Tanya