The Stamps I Use

Friday, April 22, 2011

What you say - ANOTHER Easter card?

Hi folks,

so are you tired of all my Easter cards yet? I hope not as I still have a few more to go and it IS Good Friday so I think I am allowed.

Here's another one I made yesterday using this week's sketch over at the Pollycraft Challenge blog and I tried to stick with the "vintage" theme as well with my choice of image and papers.



A little fussier with the embellishments than usual for me - that ribbon is hand-gathered. Yep, by me. Easy enough to do and all, just sew a single thread down the middle of the ribbon and pull the thread tighter, adjusting the gathers as you go, but a little time consuming to do two lengths that will span a six inch card.

I REALLY like the card but I am going to give it away at Easter. I considered keeping it and giving it to my sweetie but....well, it's a little to femme for him I think.

card details:
  • finished size: 6x6 inches
  • stamped images: CTMH Sensational Season, coloured with Copic Markers (female bunny: R21, R20, Y21, YR00, YR02, E50, E51, E52, G12, YG63, YG67, E30, E31, E34, E33, E35, YG93. male bunny: E30, E31, E33, E34, E35, YG93, YG95)
  • patterned papers: CTMH Veranda
  • card stock: CTMH Creme Brulee
  • paper flowers from my stash (from Pritchard Packaging here in Ottawa)
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
  • satin ribbon from my stash (from Fabricland here in Ottawa)
additional challenges for this card:
    Hope you all have a lovely day! Mine got off to a nice start with a walk through the South March Highlands here in Kanata. Now for some crafty time with the Dr. Who marathon on Space!

    4 comments:

    Deb said...

    Beautiful card, those bunnies are so cute!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    Lynsey said...

    This is such a sweet card! Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    RiNNE said...

    Sometimes, I hesitate giving away a card that I really love :). This is gorgeous, Sheena! Great job!

    Tanya R said...

    The image, the paper, and that gorgeous ribbon have me saying Wow!
    Hugs
    Tanya