The Stamps I Use

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mona the Seamstress Rocks

Hi folks,

So here is the card I decided to make for my friend instead of the Tilda card I posted previously.






Last year, she started taking sewing lessons to re-familiarize herself with her sewing machine and she actually wound up making a few outfits to take with her on her cruise this year. I think that totally rocks!

card details:

  • finished size: 6x6 inches
  • image: Mona The Seamstress from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E02, E93, E50, E51, E53, R24, G19, E55, E57, E59, E47, E37, BG11, BG13, B95, B91, R21, R22, W1, W3, W5, W7)
  • sentiments: Verve "Birthday Bash", CTMH Solos "Zero" and "Four"
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey Hopscotch (I HAD to use that particular sheet for the base because, to me, it looks like stacks of fabric), edges distressed with Memento Rich Cocoa
  • cardstock: CTMH Chocolate, Juniper
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
  • EK Success Scalloped Scallops
  • layout: Sketch Saturday #155
 Additional challenges for this card:
Hope you are all having a lovely day! It's ANOTHER rainy one here so I'm guessing I'll get more crafty time in - I now have THREE weeks of Christmas card challenges with which to catch up!

11 comments:

Danielle said...

Great card Sheena - the image is just too cute and you chose the perfect papers to match!
Hugs, Danielle

Kristie said...

I used that sentiment set for my DT card today lol! I like how you did yours in the circles. That dp is perfect for that image! I'm sure your friend will love the card :) Thanks so much for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

Just A Pac Rat said...

Love this cards! You did a great job in creating it. TFS and good luck in all the challenges.

circlebenterprises.com

:: hooliegirl :: said...

I adore this card! I love how you used one of my favourite Basic Grey collections ("Hopscotch") atm! Fabulous job!

RiNNE said...

This card is fabulous!!! Awesome design and I am in LOVE with that paper!!! Great job personalizing the card to your friend!

Michelle said...

I'm so loving this card! Great design with circles! You colored the image beautifully! Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

Chris (catt871) said...

This card is gorgeous! I love image and your colouring is amazing!!! THANKS for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog this week!
Hugs,
Chris

Amber said...

Oh my...this card is amazing! That image is so cute and it goes PERFECT with the background paper! Very nice work with the 3 circles challenge! I'm sure your friend is going to love this! Thanks for sharing it with us at Birthday Sundaes!

sunghee said...

Perfect! Love the sewing machine image! All circles go so well together.

Peggy said...

This is so cute! Perfect DP for the image. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Jacki Randolph said...

Fantastic card, with the perfect papers for this cute image. Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations